• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

I have baby dots

Started by LizStreithorst, July 09, 2018, 04:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I put a huge container outside and put young shots and a pair of Dots in it.  The same thing that happened last year appears to be happening this year.  The little snots are growing and the Dots have made babies.  I'm excited about the Dots. Even though I know that they are that they are considered to be almost worthless, I sure do love them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 09, 2018, 04:09:30 PM
I put a huge container outside and put young shots and a pair of Dots in it.  The same thing that happened last year appears to be happening this year.  The little snots are growing and the Dots have made babies.  I'm excited about the Dots. Even though I know that they are that they are considered to be almost worthless, I sure do love them.

...me too....they add something different to the fish room....never did get a spawn from them.....a few attempts, but no cigar..... :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I will have more to share soon enough.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Liz are Dots, Pearl gourami?

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 09, 2018, 09:36:21 PM
Liz are Dots, Pearl gourami?

Dennis
...yes, that's what she calls them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 10, 2018, 05:30:21 AM
Yep.

Cool, once the weather cools off, I might just have to get a bag from you!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

So far I only see 2 (?) but there is always a bubble nest so surely their must be more.  Dennis, when the weather cools off you can consider them yours.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 10, 2018, 12:25:13 PM
Dennis, when the weather cools off you can consider them yours.

Thanks Liz!

Dennis

Mugwump

...save me some too....please   ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

my baby dots are gone now.  I only had two.  I must be doing something wrong. 

There is always a bubble nest but I never catch the pair in the act.  I think I'll remove the female and see how it goes. 

waterboy

Pretty hard to get more babies with the female gone.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

There is always a bubble nest that the male guards.  I think that the female my be eating the young fry.

LizStreithorst

I have many baby dots this morning.  Removing the female worked.