• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Monday stuff

Started by Mugwump, July 02, 2018, 07:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....ahhh...the day begins...... ;)..

What's up folks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I have a friend that has a friend that owns a fish store. He wants 130 quarter size Angels.  I have to go down and count them out and get them ready.  Going to take me a couple hours, but maybe it will free up some tank space.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 02, 2018, 02:31:45 PM
I have a friend that has a friend that owns a fish store. He wants 130 quarter size Angels.  I have to go down and count them out and get them ready.  Going to take me a couple hours, but maybe it will free up some tank space.

...it sure will......it's nice to have some free space occasionally.....tho it never seems to last long... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Yea, seems to never last more than overnight.  I have already got some looking for larger quarters.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

...a little shopping...worked on some of the SAS stuff...

...started taking the stuff off the walls across the street in #212....located a guy to work with us who needs work and will help...really happy we found him so it will save my back and knees...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Lucky you!  I haven't sold that many smalls since I was selling to the wholesaler.  My LFS guy called this morning because when I delivered 12 larges he was in Canada of all places.  I thought that he wanted more fish but alas he just called to say that he was back and I could  come get the money for the fish I'd brought him.  I told him that he could hold it until the next time he needed fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

It was physical therapy day today.  I thought that the first lady I got was good because I had nothing to compare to.  Last time I had the guy that runs the PT.  I told him that I wanted him from now on and low and behold I am now his client. 

He's a big black guy.  He 'spained to me why I was having so much trouble doing the lifting my legs one at a time with a rope.  Doing my left leg was easy peasy.  After I did the right leg the pain was so great that I couldn't do it a second time when my problem was at the left side of my spine.  He tried doing it to me himself and it didn't hurt!  He concluded that the problem was that when I did it myself with the rope I had to stiffen my back muscles when I lifted my leg and let it down.  He said that it was muscles rather than my structure in this case which was a good thing because PT could help a muscular problem.  Only the surgeon can fix something structural.  He pulled on each of my legs to stretch out the muscles in my back.  I find no joy in simply going through a procedure alone.  'Splain to me the how's and why's I have a good time.

The rest of the day I took it easy and only did normal easy stuff.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 02, 2018, 07:58:26 PM
It was physical therapy day today.  I thought that the first lady I got was good because I had nothing to compare to.  Last time I had the guy that runs the PT.  I told him that I wanted him from now on and low and behold I am now his client. 

He's a big black guy.  He 'spained to me why I was having so much trouble doing the lifting my legs one at a time with a rope.  Doing my left leg was easy peasy.  After I did the right leg the pain was so great that I couldn't do it a second time when my problem was at the left side of my spine.  He tried doing it to me himself and it didn't hurt!  He concluded that the problem was that when I did it myself with the rope I had to stiffen my back muscles when I lifted my leg and let it down.  He said that it was muscles rather than my structure in this case which was a good thing because PT could help a muscular problem.  Only the surgeon can fix something structural.  He pulled on each of my legs to stretch out the muscles in my back.  I find no joy in simply going through a procedure alone.  'Splain to me the how's and why's I have a good time.

|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 02, 2018, 07:58:26 PM

.... |^|....
Jon