• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Tank water....

Started by Mugwump, July 01, 2018, 12:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..who here is on a well ?....

..I know here, that in rainy weather, and really dry weather, they will up the treatment program. Do you have any issues with extreme dry or wet weather?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I am on a well. No real issues except that we are on a limestone aquifer and there is so much iron and lime in the water that you can almost cut it.  Haven't noticed anything that I could attribute to wet or dry spells.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 01, 2018, 11:24:27 PM
I am on a well. No real issues except that we are on a limestone aquifer and there is so much iron and lime in the water that you can almost cut it.  Haven't noticed anything that I could attribute to wet or dry spells.

..thanks Dale..........most water up your way is hard, isn't it?....I think I remember Bob/Gale saying there water was that way..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I know they treat the water here and I suspect it was a reason for the major die off of my BNs last year. Haven't noticed that this year but I put a carbon block filter on the water supply to the fish tanks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...our town supplies us water from wells or aquafirs...and it is very hard, like liquid rock some say!... no issues noted so far...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on July 02, 2018, 06:14:07 AM
Quote from: waterboy on July 01, 2018, 11:24:27 PM

..thanks Dale..........most water up your way is hard, isn't it?....I think I remember Bob/Gale saying there water was that way..... huh

Yes most of it is hard around here, but mine is harder than most.  Only problems I have noted is that if I buy adult fish from somebody that raised them in regular water they don't last very long.  Also some cories can't spawn or eggs won't hatch without 50% rainwater.  Up side is that any of my fish will do just great in other peoples regular water.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.