• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Excessive heat warning

Started by Mugwump, June 29, 2018, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

If you're area is experiencing these temps....watch yourself............please

Active Weather Alerts
Excessive Heat Warning
Issued: 10:35 AM Jun. 29, 2018 – National Weather Service

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT /8 PM
EDT/ SATURDAY...

* TEMPERATURE...Afternoon highs in the mid 90s and nighttime
lows in the mid 70s to near 80 degrees.

* HEAT INDICES...Peak afternoon heat indices in the 110 to 120
degree range.

* IMPACTS...The high temperatures combined with ample sunshine
and oppressive humidity will lead to potentially hazardous
conditions, particularly for the elderly and those with pre-
existing health conditions.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

An Excessive Heat Warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur. The combination of hot
temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a dangerous
situation in which heat illnesses are likely. Drink plenty of
fluids...stay in an air-conditioned room...stay out of the sun...
and check up on relatives and neighbors.

Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances.  This is especially true during
warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's so hot here that I can only go outside early in the morning and late in the evening,  (I'm not the man I used to be).  I did manage to haul two 50  bags of horse and dog food in the house and one 50 lb bag of laying pellets to the chicken house.  I can't just sling them over my shoulder and carry them in like I used to do, but I get them where they need to be.  Thank God that fish food is not heavy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2018, 04:16:36 PM
It's so hot here that I can only go outside early in the morning and late in the evening,  (I'm not the man I used to be).  I did manage to haul two 50  bags of horse and dog food in the house and one 50 lb bag of laying pellets to the chicken house.  I can't just sling them over my shoulder and carry them in like I used to do, but I get them where they need to be.  Thank God that fish food is not heavy.

...watch yourself....this heat bites ya if you're not careful............got a hand cart?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have a garden cart but I haven't needed it so far.  I back the Peamite up as close as I can get to where the feed needs to go and carry it less than 20 feet.  From their I drag it to where it has to be.  I'll not buy a dolly until I can't do without one. 

Just 2 weeks until my appt. with the neurosurgeon's nurse practitioner.  I never thought that I would be looking forward to seeing a neurosurgeon but I am now.  It appears that even mama bears get old and break down at some point.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 29, 2018, 04:40:31 PM
I have a garden cart but I haven't needed it so far.  I back the Peamite up as close as I can get to where the feed needs to go and carry it less than 20 feet.  From their I drag it to where it has to be.  I'll not buy a dolly until I can't do without one. 

Just 2 weeks until my appt. with the neurosurgeon's nurse practitioner.  I never thought that I would be looking forward to seeing a neurosurgeon but I am now.  It appears that even mama bears get old and break down at some point.

...naw.....I like to think that us older folks just need a 'tube up' every once in a bit..... 2c2 :D 2c2....
Jon