• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:40:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 195
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 177
Total: 178

#3 son's dog

Started by Mugwump, June 25, 2018, 07:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...A short while back Marshall's family adopted a shelter dog rescued from the streets of Texas. It turns out it was a Black Mouth cur. When Jan visited them, she said it had the nicest disposition, and was very smart. These are purebred dogs from the southeast that the AKC doesn't recognize.........that's insane.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

The AKC currently registers 190 dog breeds. The chart below lists all AKC recognized breeds and the year they first became registerable with the AKC.

Some of these weren't recognized until recently.
And many more true breeding dogs still aren't,but can be registered with other organization.

https://www.akc.org/press-center/articles/breeds-by-year-recognized/

Same thing with the CFA,Cat Fanciers association (42),and  TICA,The International Cat Association (71). 
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on June 26, 2018, 02:33:32 PM
The AKC currently registers 190 dog breeds. The chart below lists all AKC recognized breeds and the year they first became registerable with the AKC.

Some of these weren't recognized until recently.
And many more true breeding dogs still aren't,but can be registered with other organization.

https://www.akc.org/press-center/articles/breeds-by-year-recognized/

Same thing with the CFA,Cat Fanciers association,and  TICA,The International Cat Association.

...the AKC, also doesn't recognize white GSD's.......crazy stuff......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Looks like you can register white shepherds with the AKC,but they can't compete in the (conformation) ring.

http://www.whitegermanshepherd.org/whitegsdinfo/questionsandanswers.php
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on June 26, 2018, 02:54:08 PM
Looks like you can register white shepherds with the AKC,but they can't compete in the (conformation) ring.

http://www.whitegermanshepherd.org/whitegsdinfo/questionsandanswers.php

..then they're not registered at all...................imho.....why bother?
Jon

ghonk

Same thing with white Dobermans I think.
Paul Simon

ghonk

AKC has  acceptable   COLORS in their breed standards,anything other then those are considered faults and can not be shown.

But as long as both parents are AKC REGISTERED,the puppies can be too.

I THINK that's how it works. 
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

The UKC recognizes the Black Mouth Cur.  But if a dog just looks like a recognized breed it can't be registered with them.  Both parents must be registered for the offspring can be registered.
Always move forward. Never look back.