• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 12:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

...and Wed. it is==>

Started by Mugwump, June 20, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..errands done, stuff put away...putz'd a bit....now time to settle in with a fresh pot of coffee.... |^|

...what's up everybody ? huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Back from PT.  It was 3/4 diagnostic and 1/4 therapy.  I have never had PT before so I have nothing to compare to but I think that she is working on my weakest parts.  Right now she is concentrating on my left hamstring which I can tell  by the exercises she gave me is very tight.  I did most of them without much pain.  After the last one I walked to the car more slowly and bent than I was when I went in.  Now that I'm home and had time to recover a bit I find myself walking straighter and standing straighter. 

I'll see her again next week.  Anything that helps me get along with less pain is good with me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2018, 01:28:58 PM
Back from PT.  It was 3/4 diagnostic and 1/4 therapy.  I have never had PT before so I have nothing to compare to but I think that she is working on my weakest parts.  Right now she is concentrating on my left hamstring which I can tell  by the exercises she gave me is very tight.  I did most of them without much pain.  After the last one I walked to the car more slowly and bent than I was when I went in.  Now that I'm home and had time to recover a bit I find myself walking straighter and standing straighter. 

I'll see her again next week.  Anything that helps me get along with less pain is good with me.

That is wonderful......she's working on those muscles that you favor because your back hurts...and..the muscles that you'd normally use if your back didn't hurt.....getting you back in sync....they did that to a friend who hurt his hip....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thanks Muggers.  I don't know anything about PT but what she did seemed right.  I asked her a few hard questions and I liked her answers.  She'll know more next week after Dr. Beaman and she see the results of the MRI.

She's a nice lady.  We chatted about her and her daughter and me and my family and my attitude about having to live without being able to do for myself.  I wasn't so straight forward about my attitude with her but I know that she got the message.

My future is in the hands of others.  I have stress in the back of my mind all the time.  I'm used to being in control of my future.

Mugwump

more big thorms tonight....calling for 2"+.....oh joy......LOL....a crowded bed again....seriously, they don't bother me any...if they feel safer sleeping with me....so be it  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I love dogs sleeping with me.  When I'm late going to bed they come and nag me to hit the sack.  Sometimes the cat shows up in the middle of the night.  I love it when the cat shows up.  By the time I wake up again she is gone.

Sorry about all the rain you have been having for almost ever.  I had the same thing a couple of years ago,

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2018, 04:24:28 PM
I love dogs sleeping with me.  When I'm late going to bed they come and nag me to hit the sack.  Sometimes the cat shows up in the middle of the night.  I love it when the cat shows up.  By the time I wake up again she is gone.

Sorry about all the rain you have been having for almost ever.  I had the same thing a couple of years ago,

..thanks.....it hasn't been all rain, but we've had more than our fair share this year.....better than drought......things are sure green and growing....
Jon

Mugwump

..ah...won't be long....time to go read... |^|

Jon