• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 03:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Tuesday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, June 19, 2018, 04:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the coffee is wonderful.....smells terrific...MMMMMmmmmmm

..stormed all night, and with Jan in Denver, I had the boys snuggled next to me all night.......'we' survived just fine.....some nasty flooding in Rockford from all the very, very heavy down pours....it's still real dark put there...so hard to see what it did here in the area....can't make out any limbs down or anything yet.....

...just putz'n today.....been up a while...a nap will be in order too... |^|

..more coffee....brb

ps...next couple of days will be 15-20degs cooler....but chances of rain/thorms......I'll take it  :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Wow I hope when you get out that there is no major damage. The coffee is great. A cold front coming through and We may get a passing storm but no sustained rain.

A couple of appointments lined up this afternoon but not much else on the agenda.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 19, 2018, 05:48:28 AM
Wow I hope when you get out that there is no major damage. The coffee is great. A cold front coming through and We may get a passing storm but no sustained rain.

A couple of appointments lined up this afternoon but not much else on the agenda.

...getting light out a bit now....yard looks ok.....everything grew a foot tho....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..work'n on pot #2......grab a cup.. huh
Jon

waterboy

Cold front came through last night, It went from 88 to 65 in a couple hours.  Sure felt good. No more terribly hot weather for a while.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

...back to low triple digits today with beautifully clear skies....

..we both go to eye doc today at 1pm...

...just finished up the 3rd draft of the bylaws for SAS...we had an attorney go over it and there were no major changes at all...mostly grammar and wording... so the spawn of TAS and GSAS is surviving so far!...

...so our president of SAS has decided 1] we're moving too slowly, 2] we're trying to micromanage with the board/committee/members hierarchy and 3]we're not empowering our members, and therefore has resigned...!! huh   ...I thought he and I were on the same page with the rest of the BOD...Oh well, guess who the VP is...yours truly...so I'm preparing to preside over the BOD meeting tomorrow night as long as the majority of the remaining board members agree...if not, I'll continue as VP and support the group 100%...I in for the long haul.... |^|

...the interesting part about not empowering the members is that we have been strongly inviting people to come to our meetings, provide input as to what they want, to volunteer, come to board meetings for their opportunity for input...and you can guess what results we get from all that...2 people have show up separately at 2 board meetings we have had...however we've been having good turnouts at our monthly general meetings...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 19, 2018, 12:50:07 PM

...just finished up the 3rd draft of the bylaws for SAS...we had an attorney go over it and there were no major changes at all...mostly grammar and wording... so the spawn of TAS and GSAS is surviving so far!...

...so our president of SAS has decided 1] we're moving too slowly, 2] we're trying to micromanage with the board/committee/members hierarchy and 3]we're not empowering our members, and therefore has resigned...!! huh   ...I thought he and I were on the same page with the rest of the BOD...Oh well, guess who the VP is...yours truly...so I'm preparing to preside over the BOD meeting tomorrow night as long as the majority of the remaining board members agree...if not, I'll continue as VP and support the group 100%...I in for the long haul.... |^|

...the interesting part about not empowering the members is that we have been strongly inviting people to come to our meetings, provide input as to what they want, to volunteer, come to board meetings for their opportunity for input...and you can guess what results we get from all that...2 people have show up separately at 2 board meetings we have had...however we've been having good turnouts at our monthly general meetings...

....everyone likes the scenic ride on the bus, but few prefer to do the driving.....I know how that goes, Ron.
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 19, 2018, 12:58:06 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 19, 2018, 12:50:07 PM

....everyone likes the scenic ride on the bus, but few prefer to do the driving.....I know how that goes, Ron.

..And I'm okay with that...I don't mind driving as long as the passengers aren't too rowdy or whine too much...then it's time to kick them off the bus or turn the driving over to them so I can be rowdy and whine a bit!!! :P :P :P :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon