• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 03:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Monday coffee

Started by Mugwump, June 18, 2018, 03:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...good morn'n all.......up early, coffee's ready, and it's very good.... |^|

...taking Jan to the airport here in a bit....she's got an early flight out to Denver. She'll be with #3 son's family for the week....bought the ticket a few months back for a really good price.. |^|

...need to get the baseball stats done before we leave....and have more coffee too....

..later..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..back home with a fresh cup of coffee.......MMMmmmmm//

Jan's flight takes off in about 10 mins.....I imagine the g'kids already have Marshall driving to the airport...LOL...they are so excited about her coming to visit... :D

Dayam is it hot and muggy out there...about 80 degs already....humidity 87%..dew point 74 degs.....blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....not comfortable at all...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll be off to court in just a few.  I'll be happy when this is over with so I can feel like a law abiding citizen again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2018, 08:02:44 AM
I'll be off to court in just a few.  I'll be happy when this is over with so I can feel like a law abiding citizen again.

..good luck in court...have fun  :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Free at last, free at last.  Thank God almighty I'm free at last. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2018, 11:45:36 AM
Free at last, free at last.  Thank God almighty I'm free at last.

...LOL....how much?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Only 50 bucks for me.  The judge told me to get more organized.  I said, "yessir" but I know that there's not much hope for me becoming organized :-[

A whole slew of people didn't show up at all.  Most were poor and allowed to pay as little as $50. a month until their big fine was paid off.  It would have been an interesting experience had I not been so stressed and it took almost 3 hrs for the judge to get to me.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Only 50 bucks for me.  The judge told me to get more organized.  I said, "yessir" but I know that there's not much hope for me becoming organized :-[

A whole slew of people didn't show up at all.  Most were poor and allowed to pay as little as $50. a month until their big fine was paid off.  It would have been an interesting experience had I not been so stressed and it took almost 3 hrs for the judge to get to me.

....was the ticketing cop there?.....I had a minor moving violation tossed out because the cop didn't show for court......I rolled a right turn.....bad habit....which I try not to do anymore  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Apparently in Ellisville the cop that gave the ticked isn't required to be there.  I think that only happens when the person pleads innocent and it goes to trial.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2018, 03:01:16 PM
Apparently in Ellisville the cop that gave the ticked isn't required to be there.  I think that only happens when the person pleads innocent and it goes to trial.

...in Melrose Park, etc, lotta towns......if it's a mover, the cop has to be there....what if you question the validity of the citation for some reason?....you weren't arrested, just ticketed....but I guess some places are different?... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Some folks choose to go to trial and argue their point.  I knew that I was guilty as charged.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2018, 03:13:23 PM
Some folks choose to go to trial and argue their point.  I knew that I was guilty as charged.

.....oookay.............LOL....
Jon