• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 117
Total: 118

Thursday morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, June 14, 2018, 05:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Good morning.....coffee's great!

...supposed to be just as nice as yesterday....but possible rain tonight....we'll take it  |^|

Nothing planned for us that I know of... huh...so we'll putz a bit...

really need more coffee........brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. The coffee is great and the weather is supposed to be even better (finally). Sunny skies and about 80 with a breeze. Supposedly no rain for the next several days. We need some drying out here.

Water changes & house cleaning today. Company coming for the weekend so I will need to tidy up. Need to get a few of those weeds out of the way while I am at it. I spray some roundup where ever I can. My back doesn't let me do that kind of work anymore. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 14, 2018, 05:31:59 AM
Good morning all. The coffee is great and the weather is supposed to be even better (finally). Sunny skies and about 80 with a breeze. Supposedly no rain for the next several days. We need some drying out here.

Water changes & house cleaning today. Company coming for the weekend so I will need to tidy up. Need to get a few of those weeds out of the way while I am at it. I spray some roundup where ever I can. My back doesn't let me do that kind of work anymore. huh

...you can kill the weeds, etc with plain old white vinegar.....we use it on the chain link fence line and sidewalks, etc...... |^|...try it  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 14, 2018, 05:35:50 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 14, 2018, 05:31:59 AM

...you can kill the weeds, etc with plain old white vinegar.....we use it on the chain link fence line and sidewalks, etc...... |^|...try it  :)
...lucy makes a concoction of white vinegar and Epsom salts...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...another warm one today - up to 107...few clouds this morning....

....Lucy's birthday is this Sunday...she said "No big party"!...so I've kept telling her, "Okay we're going to have a surprise party for you! and it will just be our friends here in the hood...the dining group".  ...well several of them have grandchildren in town this week and they'll be coming, plus all the others....we keep kidding about her ''surprise party" and of course she thinks it all a funny joke...

...what she doesn't know is that there will be a surprise...Daughter and granddaughter will be there at Barro's when we arrive there!...I just got the text from them that they've arrived in Scottsdale where they are staying with friends tonight and will come over to Barro's tomorrow before we all get there...! I bet she'll wet her pants!!!! :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

The morning started off with a scare.  I got up, opened up the door so the dogs could go out and opened the door to the chicken house and set the chickens free.  Suddenly I heard little miss fancy pants, Cha Cha screaming in pain from somewhere in the woods.  I can't run with this back of mine even after I take my meds so I walked as fast as I could toward the screaming.  I was wandering around in the woods calling her and the screaming stopped.  She did not come.  I called as I walked back to the house.  No Cha Cha.

When I got back the horse was standing at the front door fixing to come in the house because I hadn't filled her feed bucket.  I fed the horse, sat down at the computer and resigned myself that a critter had gotten my dog.  I have seen fox in the pasture before and although unlikely it's possible that a hungry fox had taken her.  As I was checking my emails and trying to come to terms with this loss Cha Cha suddenly was in her normal place, behind me in the chair. 

That dog is such a sissy girl.  She screams in pain at the least little thing.  I have no idea what happened to her this time but I checked her all over and she was without injury of any kind.  She probably didn't come when I called her because she heard panic in my voice.

My nephew called from London at 8 to talk about my back surgery.  He can come in Sept. to help me if I need him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 14, 2018, 01:19:33 PM
The morning started off with a scare.  I got up, opened up the door so the dogs could go out and opened the door to the chicken house and set the chickens free.  Suddenly I heard little miss fancy pants, Cha Cha screaming in pain from somewhere in the woods.  I can't run with this back of mine even after I take my meds so I walked as fast as I could toward the screaming.  I was wandering around in the woods calling her and the screaming stopped.  She did not come.  I called as I walked back to the house.  No Cha Cha.

When I got back the horse was standing at the front door fixing to come in the house because I hadn't filled her feed bucket.  I fed the horse, sat down at the computer and resigned myself that a critter had gotten my dog.  I have seen fox in the pasture before and although unlikely it's possible that a hungry fox had taken her.  As I was checking my emails and trying to come to terms with this loss Cha Cha suddenly was in her normal place, behind me in the chair. 

That dog is such a sissy girl.  She screams in pain at the least little thing.  I have no idea what happened to her this time but I checked her all over and she was without injury of any kind.  She probably didn't come when I called her because she heard panic in my voice.

My nephew called from London at 8 to talk about my back surgery.  He can come in Sept. to help me if I need him.

...that's nice of him to travel a distance to help you out............good people |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

He has a very strong sense of family.  I have always though of him as my little brother.  We don't communicate a lot but we have a close bond nonetheless.
Always move forward. Never look back.