• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 10:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Wednesday chow

Started by Mugwump, June 13, 2018, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..pork chops, mashers/gravy/ and broccoli .........pears?.....smells good in here  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...heading out to the grocery store in a few minutes...we'll decide there what it will be tonight...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...you're a braver man than me going grocery shopping while hungry......take Brinks with you... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 13, 2018, 03:14:00 PM
...you're a braver man than me going grocery shopping while hungry......take Brinks with you... :D
...not hungry...just finished lunch...and it was a good one..! |eat| |^| 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 13, 2018, 03:19:09 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 13, 2018, 03:14:00 PM
...not hungry...just finished lunch...and it was a good one..! |eat| |^| 8)

,,,ah....you're a wise man  :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I guess I'll have the last of my Korean pork chops. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2018, 03:35:18 PM
I guess I'll have the last of my Korean pork chops.

...pork chops?...or ribs?....either sounds really good  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sorry, ribs.  I have lots of sauce left  The making of the sauce is what takes the most time..  I think I'll make Korean friend chicken with it next.  After that I'll be ready for something basic like meat loaf and mashers.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2018, 03:46:58 PM
Sorry, ribs.  I have lots of sauce left  The making of the sauce is what takes the most time..  I think I'll make Korean friend chicken with it next.  After that I'll be ready for something basic like meat loaf and mashers.

,,got a sauce recipe?.....might want to try it sometime...
Jon

LizStreithorst

This is the recipe for the ribs I made.  It includes the recipe for the sauce.  The sauce is both sweet and hot.
https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/barbecue-ribs-with-gochujang-sauce

LizStreithorst

This is how I'll make the fried chicken except that I will use the sauce that I have.  I have everything but the rice vinegar.  If my store doesn't have it I'll find a reasonable substitute.
https://dinnerthendessert.com/korean-fried-chicken/

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2018, 05:00:34 PM
This is how I'll make the fried chicken except that I will use the sauce that I have.  I have everything but the rice vinegar.  If my store doesn't have it I'll find a reasonable substitute.
https://dinnerthendessert.com/korean-fried-chicken/

...a bottle of Saki maybe....?...white vermouth?....my Mom used it when making her 'Plantation chicken'...it helps make a delicious sauce...tho not for fried chicken  huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm thinking apple cider vinegar for the fried chicken.

This sauce would would be a perfect glaze for a meat loaf as it is.  The ketchup/mustard glaze doesn't have much of a kick to it.  The combination of the mellow meat loaf with the sweet but hot Korean glaze would be perfect.  Perhaps I'll make the meatloaf next.  I can almost taste it in my mind's taste buds.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
I'm thinking apple cider vinegar for the fried chicken.

This sauce would would be a perfect glaze for a meat loaf as it is.  The ketchup/mustard glaze doesn't have much of a kick to it.  The combination of the mellow meat loaf with the sweet but hot Korean glaze would be perfect.  Perhaps I'll make the meatloaf next.  I can almost taste it in my mind's taste buds.

....classic Liz description.....  w!w |^| w!w
Jon