• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

New club forming

Started by Ron Sower, May 30, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Went to a meeting last night with 4 others that are starting the Southwest Aquarists Society , SAS...

...we feel a need for a local club that promotes education in the hobby as well as a social gathering of aquarium-minded hobbyists...our experiences and ages...when they first started talking about it, I knew immediately what they were wanting...I've been a part of that (and still am) as a member of the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society...that's why I decided to join up with this group...

...Next Sunday there is a planned general meeting at which a board of directors will be elected...then the real work begins...

...out of curiosity, does anyone have handy a copy of a set of bylaws from one of the clubs you've participated in that you could share with me to provide for direction as to how we might construct ours?...If so that would really be appreciated...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2018, 09:24:03 AM
...Went to a meeting last night with 4 others that are starting the Southwest Aquarists Society , SAS...

...we feel a need for a local club that promotes education in the hobby as well as a social gathering of aquarium-minded hobbyists...our experiences and ages...when they first started talking about it, I knew immediately what they were wanting...I've been a part of that (and still am) as a member of the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society...that's why I decided to join up with this group...

...Next Sunday there is a planned general meeting at which a board of directors will be elected...then the real work begins...

...out of curiosity, does anyone have handy a copy of a set of bylaws from one of the clubs you've participated in that you could share with me to provide for direction as to how we might construct ours?...If so that would really be appreciated...

...this might be helpful...?....tho a bit large...

http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/forum/content.php/20-TAS-Bylaws
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

..this will be a giant help for us, Mugs...mucho gratias...(did I spell that right?)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Got the board elected today...no drama...great presentation on repairing an acrylic tank by one of the "members"...showed how he did it while still full of water...300 gallon tank at that...

...I'm starting as the VP and will put the draft of the bylaws together...thank you very much Mugs...! This is pretty exciting...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...good luck...and remember to have fun  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...well, president resigned...he said the board wasn't taking the club in the direction he could support... huh...here I am now leading a group of aquarium nerds!...No Sweat! |^|

...BOD approved the final draft of bylaws for proposal to those interested in becoming members at the next meeting...

...next order of business will be to get the necessary committees set up with good chairs...

...I love to grow things and this club is another thing to nurture, cultivate and grow... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I forgot to mention that the 'Articles of Incorporation' were written to comply with the New York laws regarding non profits.....if it makes any difference?......the general membership part was written by a committee headed by Tamar, our Pres. for many years...

It's all on the TAS site....under the heading 'Who We Are'...

http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/

Jon

Ron Sower

... I could tell is was written that way...it will help us whn we incorporate...Tanks again....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron