• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

I'm excited beyond words

Started by LizStreithorst, May 25, 2018, 04:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Miranda ordered some Discus just for me.  They arrived in the country today.  She will send me pics and soon as they look presentable after their long hard trip from Asia to Chicago.  I feel like a little kid again.  The anticipation is killing me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 25, 2018, 04:10:58 PM
Miranda ordered some Discus just for me.  They arrived in the country today.  She will send me pics and soon as they look presentable after their long hard trip from Asia to Chicago.  I feel like a little kid again.  The anticipation is killing me.

.....happy happy happy... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  w!w |^| w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 25, 2018, 05:11:10 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 25, 2018, 04:10:58 PM

.....happy happy happy... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  w!w |^| w!w
...good news! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Babers

Joel

LizStreithorst

I am the one who can't wait more than anyone on earth.  The anticipation is killing me. Miranda can't take pics for me until the fish get over their long trip and look presentable.    She says that it will be sometime this weekend.  It's just Saturday and I'm checking for her pics all the time. 

When sends me the pics they are not the ones I will post here.  It will be over a week before the fish are up to another trip.  They will have to be settled in their tank here and strutting their stuff before I can post pics of them.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'll have them in my tank tomorrow.  The anticipation is killing me.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 04, 2018, 12:54:49 PM
I'll have them in my tank tomorrow.  The anticipation is killing me.

....I hear ya....it's as bad as waiting for Santa..... huh....soon tho...soon....think you'll sleep tonight?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've always been a champion sleeper but I only took one dog for tomorrow morning because my beloved FedEx man shows up around 11 and I want that dog gone fast so I can worry and pace until he shows up and take the fish home. 

Mugwump

...so when can we expect pics  huh.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

They're pretty well settled in now but I want to wait until tomorrow when they actually feel like they're home.

LizStreithorst

They nagged me so to post pics of my new fish from Miranda and Josie that I had to to it even though all I did was take snap shots.  I don't want to resize them to post here so if you have an interest in Discus you can find them here I think that they start toward the end of page 2.  Someone made a suggesting to the high powers that it would hurt the forum more than help it to become a member to be allowed to see pics there.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?131216-I-can-t-wait

Mugwump

....how are those beautiful discus doing?....any action yet?..... :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had action.  Before the action I had 8 big fish beating each other up.  Once the action started 6 of the fish stayed in the corner away from the pair with the eggs.  Finally the pair ate their eggs.  Now it'll be peaceful for a while until more action starts again.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 22, 2018, 06:52:33 AM
I had action.  Before the action I had 8 big fish beating each other up.  Once the action started 6 of the fish stayed in the corner away from the pair with the eggs.  Finally the pair ate their eggs.  Now it'll be peaceful for a while until more action starts again.

..how soon til you start separating them?....or aren't they quite mature yet?
Jon