• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 08:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Thursday morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 24, 2018, 04:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...good morn'n.....coffee's great, grab a cup... |^|

...near 60 at the moment, and we'll be getting mid/upper 80's (90?)...for a spell.....summer temps are starting to kick in..

...more fish room putz'n, after I cut the grass.....haven't checked the calendar as yet...

..more coffee first...........brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. The coffee is indeed great, Sunny skies and temps going up to 80 make for a perfect day here. The low humidity makes it even better.

Not much going on here. May do a couple of tank wipe downs and fishroom organizing but not much else.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Hey Willie.........you're lucky with that low humidity, we're getting the 'muggy' stuff..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2018, 05:22:37 AM
Hey Willie.........you're lucky with that low humidity, we're getting the 'muggy' stuff..... huh

It will get muggy over the weekend. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..pot #2..... good stuff....get yourself a coup  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...so before I went to bed last night I took the opportunity to shoot some photos of the tank, fish and plants...this morning I loaded them into my computer...my favorite below...He is the most magnificent male in the group! 2c2

...dog grooming day for Murf...need to get a battery for the Jeep...and run couple errands in town...maybe put the rail up for Lucy's barn door...

...gonna be around mid 90s today...still tolerable...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...nice pic.... |^|.....check your grd cable too....it used to be common for it to act up..loose, etc.....once tightened good, clips checked, you're good tho....side mount batteries are the pits too,,,I changed my over to the terminal type and battery too.....much better... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2018, 11:18:02 AM
...nice pic.... |^|.....check your grd cable too....it used to be common for it to act up..loose, etc.....once tightened good, clips checked, you're good tho....side mount batteries are the pits too,,,I changed my over to the terminal type and battery too.....much better... |^|
grd cable?...What's that?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 24, 2018, 11:19:01 AM

..big thick black wire......check the red one to your starter........ ;).....both will act like a weak battery if loose...or corroded....

Jon

waterboy

Yea check the cables good. Especially on an off-roader that might splash a lot of water on them.  Corrosion will prevent the battery from charging and act like a weak battery.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 24, 2018, 12:08:51 PM
Yea check the cables good. Especially on an off-roader that might splash a lot of water on them.  Corrosion will prevent the battery from charging and act like a weak battery.

... |^|...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2018, 11:25:27 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 24, 2018, 11:19:01 AM

..big thick black wire......check the red one to your starter........ ;).....both will act like a weak battery if loose...or corroded....

...ground cable...okay...definitely know what that is!...just was slow on the abbreviation...! :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...and you missed the pun....tsk tsk.....

...."check your grd cable too....it used to be common"
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 24, 2018, 05:49:15 PM
...and you missed the pun....tsk tsk.....

...."check your grd cable too....it used to be common"
...do you think we'll ever find common ground in this thread...?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron