• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Thursday....?

Started by Mugwump, May 17, 2018, 06:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...slept in a bit......the coffee's very good....MMmm..delicious...

...a carbon copy of yesterday for us today.....warm and sunny....everything growing well in the yard now......gotta mow this morning...then some fish room putz'n....errands  huh

...pot #2 already.......grab a cup  |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. Coffee is great but I wish the weather was better. Another dreary day here. May see some sun on Saturday but then another storm front is expected. huh

Lots of work to do in the fish room.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Tuesday and Wednesday I had a full day of dogs.  (for me a full day is a 5 hr day :-[)  Today I have nothing and I'm glad.  I need to find out what the next step is for my back.  I'm walking around like a cripple again >:(  I'll mosey into work around 10, bathe my Lhasa mix Chloe, make a bank deposit, pay a few bills, do some grocery shopping and head back home to puttz. 

I'm sure I'll get to feeling better as the day goes on but one thing is for sure.  Constant pain is exhausting.

Saint Puppy has asked for and received his arthritis meds.  He gets his in ground chuck.  I got the horse fed before she came to the front door to nag me.  Chickens have been let out.  They're such a joy to watch.  Coffee was excellent.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Morn'ns look'n up......................

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 17, 2018, 06:33:20 AM
I'm sure I'll get to feeling better as the day goes on but one thing is for sure.  Constant pain is exhausting.
..you're so right about that, Liz....most people don't understand that if they don't experience it...It's taking the docs so long here to get me set up for cortisone shots that I'm switching around until I find some that actually care about their patients' pain...

...I've been using some low dosages of Hydrocodone 5/325 that really don't touch it now, so I got a shot of some kind of anti-inflammatory at my newest doc's and by that afternoon the lesser pain in the right knee was almost nothing and the left knew which was so much worse was much better...so I've switched to a combination of IBU and Acetaminophen, and that's holding pretty good now...I just hope the IBU doesn't flare up my gut issues like it did when I was a young man...

...I hope you can get some relief....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's scary as hell, too.  I have no idea if I will end up reasonably sound or in a wheel chair.  Suddenly my future has been taken out of my hands.  I would  prefer to be dead not being able to do for myself, and suddenly not being able to take care of myself is a possibility.

I understand that knees are the worst joint to replace as far as pain for the patient.  I don't know the success rate of knee replacements.  I know that hip replacements rarely go wrong.  I know that there is a 50% chance of a good outcome with back surgery.  Those odds suck.

Mugwump

Jan had a titanium knee replacement....it's done wonders.....this summer she may get the other one done.....not as bad as it once was....they've even made great improvements since hers was done.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...probably not that bad so far...friend came by today and we were chatting...he said to plan for it, that one day it'll be so bad that I'll give it up and have it done...we haven't gotten near that far yet...still trying to find decent docs that care and will work with me...I may be on the right track now though...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 20, 2018, 05:55:22 PM
...probably not that bad so far...friend came by today and we were chatting...he said to plan for it, that one day it'll be so bad that I'll give it up and have it done...we haven't gotten near that far yet...still trying to find decent docs that care and will work with me...I may be on the right track now though...

...get a new knee and be walking the same day.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

good luck, Ron.  I hope it goes wonderfully when the time comes.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 21, 2018, 09:09:27 AM
good luck, Ron.  I hope it goes wonderfully when the time comes.
...thanks, gal...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron