• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143

My Good News

Started by LizStreithorst, May 14, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I moaned about my bad news in another thread.  Now I want to talk about my good news. 

Out of a totally heart breaking Discus Disaster I have one fish that approaches show quality.  I think it's a female but it's really too early to tell.  I got some good feed back from an internationally recognized Discus judge on Simply.

Before I posted a pic of my fish I started looking for a mate for my good fish.  I looked everywhere.  I wanted a blue based spotted leopard and I found what I was looking for at Chicago Discus.  I called Miranda and she said that they were in the process of putting in an order and that she would do her best to bring in some good ones for me. 

Here is a pic of my fish.  I can fault her.  But she if easily the best fish I have ever bred.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...beautiful finnage.....and the colors are very pleasant to look at....I hope you find a mate for her to your liking.....we'll see Josie/Miranda on Sunday..... ;)...good folk
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Wow! That is a stunning Discus. Love the pattern, shape and color. That is show-quality in my book👍. Goodluck on her and hope she gives you lots of babies  :)
Joel

waterboy

I know absolutely nothing about what makes a quality Discus, but WOW that is a nice looking fish. Congratulations.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentlemen.  I know a lot more about Discus than I to Angels.  I know that I have something special.

Mug,  please tell Miranda that I am honored to be her friend. Please don't forget.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I too know nothing about Discus (except from your post) but to my eye she is a beauty. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.