• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 150
Total: 151

Monday is back......;-)

Started by Mugwump, May 14, 2018, 05:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....morn'n all..... :D

The coffee is very, very, very good this morning  |^|.....MMMmmm  delicious

....thorms are minutes away for us here.....boom boomers too.....I think that Manny might be under the recliner already.... huh..50's now, windy...headed to about 80 later....

..couple errands, and some putz'n on tap......

Joel, Dale, Bob/Gale and ourselves are in for some rain huh?...this is all coming south..... wfwf

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....Pot #2....grab a cup :).........the thorms have arrived.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

gosh, yalll have had nothing but rain.  It was like that here last year but instead of getting it in the Spring which is more normal it happened in the summer when it's usually dry huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 14, 2018, 06:47:32 AM
gosh, yalll have had nothing but rain.  It was like that here last year but instead of getting it in the Spring which is more normal it happened in the summer when it's usually dry huh

....we seem to be in the wet pattern for sure........it'll make for a very muggy summer if it continues..... huh
Jon

waterboy

First snow  til the last week in April, then A week of 80 degree weather, then 2 weeks of rain.  This has sure been a strange spring.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

It seems that this Monday had a mean streak.  It's costing me a lot of Money! 

When I bathed Chloe last week I noticed a growth coming up on her right lower eye lid margin.  I know that something like that needs to be seen right away because if it is ignored it rubs against the cornea and the dog suffers and eventually the eye has to be removed.  When ever I see that or a growth on the butt hole I tell the owner to have it looked at right away.  Karen also found a broken Molar and a grade 5 heart mummer which I was totally unaware of.

At any rate, Chloe will need surgery.  Teeth are Sara's specialty.  Tiny difficult surgery is Karen't specialty and the only day they are they are there together is Monday so she will go in next Monday morning and will be able to come home that afternoon. 

What I paid for today was a through exam including looking at the pee under the scope and a direct heartworm check. I opted for the "old dog" blood panel  I got meds to help Chole's heart and an antibiotic to start a day before her dental surgery.    I had all of Saint Puppy's scripts refilled and left $420. poorer.  God only knows how much poorer I will be next Monday!  Oh well.  When your dog is old and you love the dog you do what you have to do.

The great thing is that I got to talk about my back because all these vets have been having problems with their backs and joints since back with I was working with them and they deal with old animals that have the same thing.  Everyone has a back doctor he hates and one he loves.  Their recommendations conflict.  It leaves me in a quandary.  Dr. Karen recommended her second back surgery doctor who fixed what the first doctor screwed up and I was still in a quandary.

Dr. Sara was coming into work just as I was leaving.  I caught myself after I answered that I was doing great, how are you.  I said,  "actually I'm not great.  I'm going to need back surgery".  She wanted to know all about it.  When I told her I had to take 600 mg of Neuranton every 6 hrs to be able to function her eyes got wide.  Her back surgery doctor is in Slidell is an easy drive involving no big cities.  She said that he is very unconventional.  She said the last thing he wants to do is have do surgery on your back.  She said that the first thing he will tell me to do is take off my shoes and walk around barefoot in the sun.  I have found my future back surgeon.  I know that surgery is inevitable and that inevitable  will be sooner rather than later in this case.  I will have my normal doctor give me a referral to him.

I hate having to spend so much money on my dogs but I have to.  I always end up getting more than I pay for one way or another.  This time I won the prize by finding a back surgeon who's style I like.       
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

.....it all comes down to doing what you feel you must do.........and nothing wrong with that......good luck with the 'Doc'....he sounds like a good one to me too... |^|
Jon