• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 132
Total: 133

Swaps

Started by Ron Sower, May 12, 2018, 10:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Mugs, et. al., what do the vendors pay per table for the swaps you folks attend...and what other means are used to raise money at the swaps?..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

The only swaps I attend are Rockford and Milwaukee.  Tables are $20 for an 8 footer at both.  Both charge a nominal entrance fee for buyers.  Milwaukee is $2 and I think Rockford is $5.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 12, 2018, 11:31:30 PM
The only swaps I attend are Rockford and Milwaukee.  Tables are $20 for an 8 footer at both.  Both charge a nominal entrance fee for buyers.  Milwaukee is $2 and I think Rockford is $5.

...yup....and the GCCA charges $45/table...$40 for members....$5 buyers/gawkers.....Greenwater is still $20/table too, I believe....Quad city's is $10/6 foot table...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quad City tables are $15 for an 8 footer. Some clubs use silent auctions to raise money. Check the lottery statutes in your state before you do any drawings or giveaways.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 13, 2018, 05:47:05 AM
Quad City tables are $15 for an 8 footer. Some clubs use silent auctions to raise money. Check the lottery statutes in your state before you do any drawings or giveaways.

..you're right, Bob....they did go up....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...Thank you, folks!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Just let me know when to be there.

Ron Sower

...I certainly will, Cap'n Bob...we've got to get the club up and running first, though...! 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You guys have no idea how lucky you are.  There's no such thing as a fish club let alone a swap in my neck of the woods.  There is so little interest in tropical fish down my way.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 20, 2018, 08:03:17 PM
You guys have no idea how lucky you are.  There's no such thing as a fish club let alone a swap in my neck of the woods.  There is so little interest in tropical fish down my way.

...you might be pleasantly surprised to find there are more fish folk around your are than you think.... huh.....ever check your local 'Craigslist' ? for fish related things?...pets stores have to be selling your fish to somebody..?.....

https://hattiesburg.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=fish&sort=rel
Jon