• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Saturday ;-)

Started by Mugwump, May 12, 2018, 08:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a lapse in the rain.....a window of opportunity to run a few quick errands  |^|....LOL....

so what's up gang?.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..483 bot hits last night.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...recap my Saturday...

...up and sitting on the deck with Lucy enjoying the slightly cooler weather...got the call from Lowes we were expecting...went in my room to move stuff out of the way for them to bring the new washer/dryer combo in...pulled the old one out and detached the connections so they could move it on out to the truck...watched them put the new one in and start it up...which it DIDN'T...watched him try to figure it out until finally he realized the safety switch that trips when the lid is closed is missing from the factory.!!!...then watched them take it out and drive away...now we're waiting to hear from them when they're bringing another one to us.... huh

...later in the day we went to the new rental and pulled out 5 or 6 large trash bags of old stuff in cabinets and closets that needed to go...can't find anyone yet to clean the place...

...Watched Body of Lies on Netflix last night...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 12, 2018, 10:25:08 AM
...recap my Saturday...

...up and sitting on the deck with Lucy enjoying the slightly cooler weather...got the call from Lowes we were expecting...went in my room to move stuff out of the way for them to bring the new washer/dryer combo in...pulled the old one out and detached the connections so they could move it on out to the truck...watched them put the new one in and start it up...which it DIDN'T...watched him try to figure it out until finally he realized the safety switch that trips when the lid is closed is missing from the factory.!!!...then watched them take it out and drive away...now we're waiting to hear from them when they're bringing another one to us.... huh

...later in the day we went to the new rental and pulled out 5 or 6 large trash bags of old stuff in cabinets and closets that needed to go...can't find anyone yet to clean the place...

...Watched Body of Lies on Netflix last night...

.....bloody Mary time?......tomorrow gets better..... huh
Jon

Mugwump

......here comes the rain again.....

Jon

Mugwump

..very very nice.....

Jon

LizStreithorst

Nice Saturday.  I got to have chats with people I like.  Nothing special other than that.  The lady I use when I need a lawyer wants to borrow the book I'm reading when I'm done with it.  It's a small book book but a hard read because the author packs so much in each sentence that you spend as much time thinking as reading.  The rest  was just playing with chickens and looking at fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 12, 2018, 06:24:41 PM
Nice Saturday.  I got to have chats with people I like.  Nothing special other than that.  The lady I use when I need a lawyer wants to borrow the book I'm reading when I'm done with it.  It's a small book book but a hard read because the author packs so much in each sentence that you spend as much time thinking as reading.  The rest  was just playing with chickens and looking at fish.

....nice..........hope your back is feeling better... ;)
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 12, 2018, 06:24:41 PM...It's a small book book but a hard read because the author packs so much in each sentence that you spend as much time thinking as reading...
...Title and author please!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 12, 2018, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 12, 2018, 06:24:41 PM...It's a small book book but a hard read because the author packs so much in each sentence that you spend as much time thinking as reading...

The True Believer by Eric Hoffer. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2018, 06:02:05 AM

"Hatred is the most accessible and comprehensive of all the unifying agents ... Mass movements can rise and spread without belief in a god, but never without a belief in a devil." ~ Eric Hoffer, The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements

..looks to be an interesting read for sure.....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2018, 06:02:05 AM

...thank you, Liz... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron