• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Thursday stuff....>

Started by Mugwump, May 10, 2018, 09:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....a cooler day for us....but still sunny and comfortable.....damn grass is growing like crazy.....time to mow it again....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Another perfect day here.  It's been years since we've had a prolonged Spring.  Generally Spring is the few days before winter and summer for us.

I've started telling my clients with somewhat heavy dogs that I can no longer do them because of my stupid back.  The lady with my favorite dog called yesterday for an appointment and I had to tell her.  Today I told an old guy with a dog about the size weight and coat type of a Corgi that this time would be the last.  I can only do the little guys.  I never thought that it would come to this and it will get worse until my only choice will to have back surgery.  There is no way I can just work through it until it gets better on it's own as I have done all my life.  It's depressing but I have to accept it.

Yesterday evening the horse broke something in the water line that was sticking up out of the ground.   It was one of those things that could never possibly happen but happened.  I had everything to fix it but when I got my wet set cement out of the freezer where they say it will last and it was like jelly.  I needed wet set because gravity kept making water overflow what I needed to glue.  The damn wet set was old and gelled so I went without water until I got home from work this afternoon with the cement and capped it. 

All I've done since is play with my chickens and talk to computer friends.  I think I'll get on the the inversion table that I love and have a nice tilt back with heat and massage. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 10, 2018, 03:33:29 PM
Another perfect day here.  It's been years since we've had a prolonged Spring.  Generally Spring is the few days before winter and summer for us.

I've started telling my clients with somewhat heavy dogs that I can no longer do them because of my stupid back.  The lady with my favorite dog called yesterday for an appointment and I had to tell her.  Today I told an old guy with a dog about the size weight and coat type of a Corgi that this time would be the last.  I can only do the little guys.  I never thought that it would come to this and it will get worse until my only choice will to have back surgery.  There is no way I can just work through it until it gets better on it's own as I have done all my life.  It's depressing but I have to accept it.

Yesterday evening the horse broke something in the water line that was sticking up out of the ground.   It was one of those things that could never possibly happen but happened.  I had everything to fix it but when I got my wet set cement out of the freezer where they say it will last and it was like jelly.  I needed wet set because gravity kept making water overflow what I needed to glue.  The damn wet set was old and gelled so I went without water until I got home from work this afternoon with the cement and capped it. 

All I've done since is play with my chickens and talk to computer friends.  I think I'll get on the the inversion table that I love and have a nice tilt back with heat and massage.

...years ago I went to an orthopedic surgeon for my back...it happened when I was in my late 20's....he said the options were surgery, or anti-inflammation meds along with a strong muscle relaxer...and certain stretching exercises....and has worked well( I don't take those meds anymore) .....perhaps just a visit might find you some relief..?.......imho surgery and/or steroids,etc are a last resort....  food for thought anyway.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I feel the need to watch The Prime of Miss Jean Broady.  I'm not mean like her but just like her I have suddenly realized that I am no longer in my prime.  I am entering in to territory I have never explored.  It's called old age.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 10, 2018, 04:48:46 PM
I feel the need to watch The Prime of Miss Jean Broady.  I'm not mean like her but just like her I have suddenly realized that I am no longer in my prime.  I am entering in to territory I have never explored.  It's called old age.

...sheesh...........kick that feel'n to the side....your treads are still showing....floor the MF'r girl....
Jon