• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 157
Total: 158

Thursday stuff....

Started by Mugwump, May 03, 2018, 07:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....soggy out there, it's been a nice soaking rain.. |^|.....the rain is letting up some now, it'll all roar back in later tho......cooler now anyway.. |^|

So what's up, folks ?.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Boss, Boss.......da sun ! da sun..... |^|...........LOL....not for long I fear tho....we'll see... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...well that didn't last long......thorms back in about 1/2 hour......but....it has been cooler .... |^|..despite this humidity.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

It was another perfect day today.  Once it gets perfect like this it turns to brutally hot soon.  I prefer the heat as long as I have the AC in the house.

My inversion table arrived today.  The doctor said that it would help me greatly so I ordered one.  It was only $125. delivered and it's strong as a tank.  I decided not to pay an extra $60. to have it "expertly pre-assembled", choosing instead to expertly assemble it myself.  So far I'm not an expert.  It appears that I screwed something up during my expert assembly.  Oh well, it hurts my back putting it together so I'll look at it with new eyes tomorrow and get it knocked out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..no assembly instructions?.....what make/model ?....'FitPro' ?
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on May 03, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
..no assembly instructions?.....what make/model ?....'FitPro' ?

..bet it's this one, right?.....

Jon

LizStreithorst

It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Innova-ITM4800-Advanced-Therapeutic-Inversion/dp/B00F950N2G/ref=sr_1_2?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1525112196&sr=1-2&keywords=inversion+tables+for+back+pain

It't the one my Dr. bought for his wife.  The instructions aren't perfect but they're not bad.  It's me.  I'm not that good at following written instructions.  I figure it has something to do with my dyslexia but I don't know for sure.  I'm not worried.  I will figure it out and when I do, I'll be an assembly expert and hire myself out for $60. an hour to put the damn things together for other old people ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2018, 06:04:10 PM
It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Innova-ITM4800-Advanced-Therapeutic-Inversion/dp/B00F950N2G/ref=sr_1_2?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1525112196&sr=1-2&keywords=inversion+tables+for+back+pain

It't the one my Dr. bought for his wife.  The instructions aren't perfect but they're not bad.  It's me.  I'm not that good at following written instructions.  I figure it has something to do with my dyslexia but I don't know for sure.  I'm not worried.  I will figure it out and when I do, I'll be an assembly expert and hire myself out for $60. an hour to put the damn things together for other old people ;)

..ok...it's this one then.... |^|

Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes, it is that one.  It's components are all strong.  I'm pleased with that.  I hope it helps me as much as the doctor says it helps his wife.  The drugs are great but I want to help them last longer by doing what I can.   I hope I'm dead before my only choice is between a wheel chair or back surgery.  50% of back surgeries fail.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2018, 07:27:53 PM
Yes, it is that one.  It's components are all strong.  I'm pleased with that.  I hope it helps me as much as the doctor says it helps his wife.  The drugs are great but I want to help them last longer by doing what I can.   I hope I'm dead before my only choice is between a wheel chair or back surgery.  50% of back surgeries fail.

..ok...so you saw the assembly clip too........visuals can help better sometimes than the accompanying instructions... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mug, when I'm doing something that I have never done before is it takes twice as long as it should.  It has always been like that with me.  I'm used to it.  Once I've done it I can do it again fast.  Problem it that I rarely get to do these things a second time.

Mugwump

Jon