• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 12:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 118
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Nice Tuesday ;-)

Started by Mugwump, May 01, 2018, 07:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...sunny, warmer, breezy....seems we'll see a lot of 70's over the next week.... |^|....my kind of weather.... |^|

What's up, folks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

67 here, saw some Robins yesterday, Dafodils have started to bloom. Missed most of the Crocuses this year, they were snowed under. About to toddle off to do weekly grocery shopping.  Then some water changes and some serious relaxing.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wsantia1

Been busy all morning paying bills and sorting through some things in the garage after a sluggish start. I didn't realize it was almost 11:00 already. I really need to run some errands. huh I also forgot that I had a couple of loads of laundry going too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 01, 2018, 09:57:49 AM
Been busy all morning paying bills and sorting through some things in the garage after a sluggish start. I didn't realize it was almost 11:00 already. I really need to run some errands. huh I also forgot that I had a couple of loads of laundry going too.

..finished the wash.....might clean out the Tahoe ....been a long winter....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...hi 70s today...nice...pretty clouds in the sky...

...not a lot going on today...again...I kinda like this!! 8)...but I know I gotta do a few things soon...fan to replace in a rental...I want to paint my old model golf cart yellow to match the Jeep!  |^|

...work on the bookkeeping...I'll look a the one Dennis mentioned...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Absolutely beautiful here.  The Privet is in bloom and the fragrance is intoxicating.  Most folks are allergic but I'm not.  I watched my little chickies in their new outside enclosure.  They are so relaxing to watch.  The peeps they make when they are happy is totally soothing.  I'm selling Angels on Simply  It's more fun than selling on AB.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...surprise here....it's about 85 degs......

..another surprise......went down to feed the fry.....the Pondmaster was off......seemed seized, and very, very hot......might have caught it just in time....soooo....

I hooked up my old Jemhco 80 which I was told had a weak/bad diaphragm by a guy that wanted to buy it.... huh....figured better than nothing..... huh....

..it's currently running over 100 drops......go figure ..... :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

People who want something for a cheaper price often say that what you have for sale is crap.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 01, 2018, 04:20:49 PM
People who want something for a cheaper price often say that what you have for sale is crap.

Oh, I know that....... |^|......but he'd already bought it and tried to trade it for something......LOL.....I just gave him his $$$'s back and kept it......this all happened a couple years ago....

I'm just glad that I caught it before it may have caught fire too..... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on May 01, 2018, 02:53:16 PM

..another surprise......went down to feed the fry.....the Pondmaster was off......seemed seized, and very, very hot......might have caught it just in time....soooo....

I hooked up my old Jemhco 80 which I was told had a weak/bad diaphragm by a guy that wanted to buy it.... huh....figured better than nothing..... huh....

Pondmaster sounds like the one I have, A Pondmaste AP100.  I have a spare and a rebuild kit.  When the diaphragms give out, I put in the spare and rebuild the dead one for next time.  Surprised to see that a Jemco 80 will do the same job.  I have looked at the specs and I couldn't find any thing equal to the AP100.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 01, 2018, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 01, 2018, 02:53:16 PM

Pondmaster sounds like the one I have, A Pondmaste AP100.  I have a spare and a rebuild kit.  When the diaphragms give out, I put in the spare and rebuild the dead one for next time.  Surprised to see that a Jemco 80 will do the same job.  I have looked at the specs and I couldn't find any thing equal to the AP100.

..Jehmco80 doesn't have the same head as the Pondmaster......but still has always handled the load.....Mat Rehberg has the Jehmco80 running well over 125 drops too.....

I have a rebuilt kit for the Pondmaster.....I may give it a whirl replacing it.....if that's what wrong?....this one seems seized.... huh....will the blown diaphragm do that ?
Jon

waterboy

A blown diaphragm will make it run hot and there is a thermal cut-off that shuts it off.  I suppose there could be something else wrong with it.  Not too hard to put in new diaphragms and valves, Even I could do it.  I will have to look at the Jehmco80 pump again, I am not running 125 drops, but close to 100.
Dale

BallAquatics

Dennis

Mugwump

Thanks Dennis.....I've seen that one, and was going to go look for it again..... ;).... |^|
Jon