• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

A down day

Started by waterboy, April 30, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

A couple years ago I bought some BSPs from Joel with hopes of creating a BSP line.  Lost  most of them and ended up with 3 males. One spawnrd with a Blue Silver and I kept a bunch from the first spawn.  I have about 20, a mix of Platinum, Blue Silvers, Hybrid (D/g) Pinoys, and Lace Pinoys (D/+), all het for bg.  They are 14 months old and it looks like they are ALL females.  Haven't identified a male in the batch yet.  The odds of that happening must be 60 Gazillion to one. Don't think it could happen to anyone but me.  I am going to go sit on the patio in the 75 degree weather and wait for Purple Martins.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

These things happen to the people who are most passionate about they do.  It would never happen to some guy just messing around with Angels.  Only to you.  Sometimes I think that these things must be fated.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Babers

Dale...were you able to pair up those 3 BSP with the het bg females you have? I think one of the Het bg I got is a male. If you want him, just let me know. He might give you better results. He's not paired up with any of my angels right now. Hope you get better luck on yours as I got with mine.

Joel

waterboy

The BSP that paired with a Blue Silver has passed on.  I put a Lace Pinoy in with one of the BSP males.  Got a small spawn that are big enough to have all their fins.  Calculator says I should Have 37.5% BSPs, but as near as I can tell so far, there are no BSPs in there.  Another spawn just went free swimming yesterday so we will see.  The other male BSP spawned with a Blue Silver, small spawn also. Should go free swimming today.  All is not lost, I do have the last batch from the BSP/Blue Silver that I am going to save about two dozen of the biggest ones in hopes of getting males. 

Thanks Joel, but if he is a male then you got what you wanted to start with.  Pair him up and get lots of babies.  If you need a female or two to go along with him, let me know.  LOL  I seem to have lots of them.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.