• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

Beautiful Sunday...

Started by Mugwump, April 29, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..51degs already....and sunny.....mid 60's expected... |^|

Jan's off running errands and 'da crew', and I. are holding the fort...... :D

..what's everyone up to...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm out fencing in a 12X12X10 so my chicks can have an protected outside run.  They're ready to be exposed to the out of doors.  I'm able to do this because Friday afternoon I decided to steal meds from my dog.  Now Saint Puppy and I are both on a strong antiinflamitory  and Neurontin 300 mg 3 X daily.  I hated to steel meds from my dog but he has pleanty and I'll fess up to the doctor on Monday and ask if he prescribe it for me. 

I have things to do.  I have to make a living.  I have animals than need my care.  I have to be able to move around not all bent over with pain.

Back out to do more of the fence.  It's such an easy job but I'm taking it slow and easy because I turned old.  I never thought that my body would betray me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...some days the old body gripes a bit, yup.....just keep the parts moving is all......and keep on doing...... |^|....

..hope you feel better.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 29, 2018, 10:59:08 AM

I'm taking it slow and easy

That's the secret, slow and easy. Take two hours with rest breaks to do a half hour job.  Don't push yourself too hard and you will be alright.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 29, 2018, 01:28:47 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 29, 2018, 10:59:08 AM

I'm taking it slow and easy

That's the secret, slow and easy. Take two hours with rest breaks to do a half hour job.  Don't push yourself too hard and you will be alright.

|^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thank you gentlemen.  I've had time to watch the chicks come out side.  At first there were just 3 brave ones but then more of them got brave.  They know that they can get back to the safety of home by going up the ramp. 

I know I did too much but I couldn't help it.  I was focused and it felt good to work.  It's time for Neorontin for me and Saint Puppy.  Then I will take a hot soak in the tub before I do WC.
Always move forward. Never look back.