• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Friday it is...

Started by Mugwump, April 27, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...sunny but cooler......a nice day, calm winds and warm sun.... |^|

....really haven't got much done except the wash...heading down here soon to the fish room.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's been a good day.  My old lady came to have her dog groomed.  I let her sit in my comfortable desk chair and we chat while I groom Coco.  She's the lady who gave me Cha Cha.  While  I was grooming and chatting Chef Andy stopped by.  They're working him to death this time of year with private parties and banquets.  He works just down the road at the Jr. College and he had a bit of a break.  I got to introduce them.

When I got home I saw that 4 of my chicks.  I was able to corner one and catch it but I had to use a different tactic on the other 3.  I could tell that they wanted to go home so I put a couple of 1X6's to make a ramp to their house and put a couple of bricks under the step that I put there for me.  I gentled them into the right area and then went away.  When I came back a half hour later my babies were in their house ;D  My newest talent is to be able to think like a chicken :-[ huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 27, 2018, 04:27:32 PM
It's been a good day.  My old lady came to have her dog groomed.  I let her sit in my comfortable desk chair and we chat while I groom Coco.  She's the lady who gave me Cha Cha.  While  I was grooming and chatting Chef Andy stopped by.  They're working him to death this time of year with private parties and banquets.  He works just down the road at the Jr. College and he had a bit of a break.  I got to introduce them.

When I got home I saw that 4 of my chicks.  I was able to corner one and catch it but I had to use a different tactic on the other 3.  I could tell that they wanted to go home so I put a couple of 1X6's to make a ramp to their house and put a couple of bricks under the step that I put there for me.  I gentled them into the right area and then went away.  When I came back a half hour later my babies were in their house ;D  My newest talent is to be able to think like a chicken :-[ huh

...somehow I can picture the event .....good job  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 27, 2018, 04:27:32 PM

When I got home I saw that 4 of my chicks escaped due to my shoddy workmanship.  I was able to corner one and catch it but I had to use a different tactic on the other 3.  I could tell that they wanted to go home so I put a couple of 1X6's to make a ramp to their house and put a couple of bricks under the step that I put there for me.  I gentled them into the right area and then went away.  When I came back a half hour later my babies were in their house ;D  My newest talent is to be able to think like a chicken :-[ huh

...somehow I can picture the event .....good job  :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics