• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 07:55:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Hey hey...Friday

Started by Mugwump, April 20, 2018, 07:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...sun's out..temps warming up.....it's going to be a pretty nice day here......spring?......well hopefully  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

What a gorgeous day !!!!!!!!!!  |^|...

I've been cramming ball stats, but I'm about as ready as I'll be for tomorrow..... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It was a good day here, too.  It is actually the first good day of the entire week for me.

It started when the infusion doctor introduced himself to me.  He is "Dr. Nausea".  I don't know if that's how it's spelled, but that's how he pronounces it.  He's Black, his name is Nausea, and he's working down south here.  It brightened my day immediately.  I gave him my hugest smile.  I thought that I'd be in there forever so I took both a half read book and The New Yorker with me.  I was in and out in no time.  It was just a tiny little injection that would have cost $2,000 if not for Medicare.  It's to help me not break a hip.  It cost me nothing.  It was like magic getting something that cost so much for nothing just because years ago the government wanted to help the people it was working for.

Then I came home and worked on making the place in the hen house where the chicks can be seen but not hurt by the existing hens.  I was close but not done with the inside part when Chef Andy called to ask if he could stop by.  I'm glad I stopped  when I did because now that I've not been moving around for a bit my hips are hurting again.  He and I talked fish for a couple or hours.  We got all in to correct conformation in Discus and Angels.  We got as I could into genetics of Angelfish strains as I could go since I don't speak Greek. He never took biology in high school so he really knows nothing.  I still was able to teach him a lot in English because I had examples in my tanks that he could see with his own eyes. 

Finally, Chip called and he told me that although he is not done with Charlotte he says that I can drive her if I need her.  I don't need her but I yearn to drive her.  Chip won't be working tomorrow but he said that he thought that I would feel that way so he put her keys in the mail box.  (You can get away with reaching into someone else's mail box in Small Town Mississippi if you have a good reason)  Tomorrow after work I will leave the Peamite at Chip's place and drive my beloved Charlotte from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday Morning.  I will take the scenic route everywhere we go.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 20, 2018, 06:19:54 PM
It was a good day here, too.  It is actually the first good day of the entire week for me.

It started when the infusion doctor introduced himself to me.  He is "Dr. Nausea".  I don't know if that's how it's spelled, but that's how he pronounces it.  He's Black, his name is Nausea, and he's working down south here.  It brightened my day immediately.  I gave him my hugest smile.  I thought that I'd be in there forever so I took both a half read book and The New Yorker with me.  I was in and out in no time.  It was just a tiny little injection that would have cost $2,000 if not for Medicare.  It's to help me not break a hip.  It cost me nothing.  It was like magic getting something that cost so much for nothing just because years ago the government wanted to help the people it was working for.

Then I came home and worked on making the place in the hen house where the chicks can be seen but not hurt by the existing hens.  I was close but not done with the inside part when Chef Andy called to ask if he could stop by.  I'm glad I stopped  when I did because now that I've not been moving around for a bit my hips are hurting again.  He and I talked fish for a couple or hours.  We got all in to correct conformation in Discus and Angels.  We got as I could into genetics of Angelfish strains as I could go since I don't speak Greek. He never took biology in high school so he really knows nothing.  I still was able to teach him a lot in English because I had examples in my tanks that he could see with his own eyes. 

Finally, Chip called and he told me that although he is not done with Charlotte he says that I can drive her if I need her.  I don't need her but I yearn to drive her.  Chip won't be working tomorrow but he said that he thought that I would feel that way so he put her keys in the mail box.  (You can get away with reaching into someone else's mail box in Small Town Mississippi if you have a good reason)  Tomorrow after work I will leave the Peamite at Chip's place and drive my beloved Charlotte from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday Morning.  I will take the scenic route everywhere we go.

..that's great !!!!...I know she will enjoy getting away from the grease and grime of Chip's shop for awhile..... |^| |^| |^| |^|.....maybe even get a bath  huh
Jon

Mugwump

long day tomorrow.....time to go read.........nite all... ;)
Jon

BallAquatics

About 55 here.  Fired up the bike and when to the pharmacy.  Full leather, was as warm as toast with all the sunshine.   |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 20, 2018, 07:44:13 PM
About 55 here.  Fired up the bike and when to the pharmacy.  Full leather, was as warm as toast with all the sunshine.   |^|

Dennis

Warm as toast at 55 degrees on a bike?  How long would you stay warm as toast in full leathers in sunshine if you were to go on a long trip?
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 20, 2018, 08:12:45 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on April 20, 2018, 07:44:13 PM

Dennis

Warm as toast at 55 degrees on a bike?  How long would you stay warm as toast in full leathers in sunshine if you were to go on a long trip?

I would dress slightly different if I was going to be on the open road, but Terri and I rode back from Tennessee (375 miles) in one day in early October one year during similar weather.

If it was really cold, I'd dress like I was going snowmobile riding.  With good clothes you can ride in comfort down to about 40.

Dennis