• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

OK who's got fish for sale?

Started by Mugwump, June 24, 2013, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on July 05, 2016, 06:21:35 AM
He's going to get my message too,that's for sure.

...I hope he's ok...if you've done business before with him, sounds like something's wrong on his end...?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

The MAIN thing that pisses me off is him ignoring me,makes me want to kill. ;D
If for some reason you are unable to get them fine,but LET ME KNOW.

It's also the accumulation of idiots over time,just when you think you have heard it all here's something else.

Had some fish listed on one of the facebook angelfish groups.

Listed as PRE DIMES ,so a guy contacts me wanting to  know the shipping cost.

So i figure out how many i can fit in a bag,fill and weigh a bag of water,and multiple that by how many bags i will need.Now i need to know the weight and size of the box,so i had to basically  pre pack the shipment so i could give him the cost.

NO problem,part of doing business,so i go onto the PO site and figure out the cost for Express and priority,email him back with the cost and my live guarantee in DETAIL so he can decide.

So he then asks me if i have any LARGER one's,no not at this time.
And what's his reply,OK i'm going to wait because i don't have a tank ready for fish that size.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME,then why in the hell are you wasting my time.

So a couple days later ANOTHER guy fakes me out, wanted in a group of NICKEL+ for local pick up,said he would stop by on the weekend for pick up,and then he was abducted by aliens,never to be heard from again.

So being the idiot i am i contact the facebook guy and tell him a guy was a no show and he could have  the LARGER NICKEL+ ones for the SAME PRICE if he is interested.

OH THAT'S FANTASTIC,could you send me some pictures,sure but i have them in with some other fish so i will have to move them first so i can get some pics.

So i set up a 10 gallon,move then and take the pics,ALL of the pictures sucked.
So he would  know EXACTLY what he would  be receiving i took 4-5 videos,picked the best 2 and loaded them to youtube and sent him the links.

WOW they are amazing,but i'm going to have to pass because I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR THEM NOW.

LOL,are you trying to be an asshole or were you just born that way. 

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on July 05, 2016, 02:09:40 PM

It's also the accumulation of idiots over time,just when you think you have heard it all here's something else.

So i figure out how many i can fit in a bag,fill and weigh a bag of water,and multiple that by how many bags i will need.Now i need to know the weight and size of the box,so i had to basically  pre pack the shipment so i could give him the cost.

NO problem,part of doing business,so i go onto the PO site and figure out the cost for Express and priority,email him back with the cost and my live guarantee in DETAIL so he can decide.

And what's his reply,OK i'm going to wait because i don't have a tank ready for fish that size.

So a couple days later ANOTHER guy fakes me out, wanted in a group of NICKEL+ for local pick up,said he would stop by on the weekend for pick up,and then he was abducted by aliens,never to be heard from again.

So being the idiot i am i contact the facebook guy and tell him a guy was a no show and he could have  the LARGER NICKEL+ ones for the SAME PRICE if he is interested.

OH THAT'S FANTASTIC,could you send me some pictures,sure but i have them in with some other fish so i will have to move them first so i can get some pics.

So he would  know EXACTLY what he would  be receiving i took 4-5 videos,picked the best 2 and loaded them to youtube and sent him the links.

WOW they are amazing,but i'm going to have to pass because I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR THEM NOW.

,,sounds like your turn in the barrel...... huh....chin up, it
ll pass..........are you headed to NADA on one of the days??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: ghonk on July 05, 2016, 02:09:40 PM

I feel your pain. We've all been there.

When I shipped a lot of fish I would call the P.O. with the weight and they'd give me a quote. I'm still on a first name basis with the folks at the P.O.

Mugwump

I use the online PO estimator....it gets you close....plus if flat rate...it's a no brainer most times...
Jon