• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Fingers Crossed

Started by wsantia1, April 14, 2018, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Today while moving my very big Blue Marble from a 29g to a 55g I got careless and he jumped out of the net and onto the concrete floor in the basement. huh He hit the floor so hard that it made a pretty loud sound. I scooped him up and dropped him into the 55 but he was so out of it that he got sucked into the intake tube of the power filter.

I got him off of the tube and noticed that both of his eyes were cloudy and he was swimming erratically his and breathing was labored .  I moved him once again into a 20 with only sponge filters where he promptly laid down on his side. :(

I was ready to put him down but I decided I would give him some time to see if he got better. I dosed the tank with melafix for the cloudy eyes and left him alone for a couple of hours. When I just checked on him he was swimming upright and his eyes looked liked they were starting to clear up though one looks red. Have my fingers crossed that he pulls through. wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Mine are crossed too.  I'd add 2 T of salt and turn the tank light off and hope for the best.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...he'll come around...he just got his bell rung is all..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well the blue marble male's girlfriend has already started seeing another male. A paraiba male that I had isolated in the 20 because he was fighting with his partner. They are swimming together side by side since him from the 20 that the injured blue marble now occupies.

I checked the calculator and I think a mating from these two would give me all blue marbles unless the female only has a single dose of marble. Then I would get some blue ghost also.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2018, 03:56:00 PM
Well the blue marble male's girlfriend has already started seeing another male. A paraiba male that I had isolated in the 20 because he was fighting with his partner. They are swimming together side by side since him from the 20 that the injured blue marble now occupies.

I checked the calculator and I think a mating from these two would give me all blue marbles unless the female only has a single dose of marble. Then I would get some blue ghost also.

even if a single dose marble.....you'll get all blue marbles from pb/pb parents.....but you'll get blue marble ghosts too....the male being a paraiba.....if the female is a ghost.....then more paraibas too
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 04:15:36 PM

even if a single dose marble.....you'll get all blue marbles from pb/pb parents.....but you'll get blue marble ghosts too....the male being a paraiba.....if the female is a ghost.....then more paraibas too

What would a blue marble ghost look like.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2018, 05:09:43 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 04:15:36 PM

What would a blue marble ghost look like.

...you could never really tell except for less marbling.... ;)...you get the knack for spotting it easily....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I bet I've had a ton of them and never even noticed.
Always move forward. Never look back.