• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

I can't wait

Started by LizStreithorst, April 14, 2018, 12:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have four fancy-dancy 48" LED lights coming in Monday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes.  A very nice lady who I met at NADA and liked apparently liked me back.  I had no idea that I'd made an impression.  She was able to give me a price on them that I will never again see other than in my dreams.  I didn't do anything to deserve this other than be myself.  I didn't even know that I'd made a friend until she gave me this gift. 

The lights are Finnex Vivid Plus.  Look 'em up.  They cost a bundle. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 14, 2018, 01:12:48 PM
Yes.  A very nice lady who I met at NADA and liked apparently liked me back.  I had no idea that I'd made an impression.  She was able to give me a price on them that I will never again see other than in my dreams.  I didn't do anything to deserve this other than be myself.  I didn't even know that I'd made a friend until she gave me this gift. 

..... |^|...nice score !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

..... |^|...nice score !
...i've had plenty of Finnex lights...in my opinion they are good!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 14, 2018, 04:30:21 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

..... |^|...nice score !
...i've had plenty of Finnex lights...in my opinion they are good!... |^|

If they're the super plant lights....watch for algae.....you may need to adjust the length of photo period...???
Jon

LizStreithorst

This one is less for plants and more for displaying the colors of the fish.  Here's the thread on Simply:  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?130918-Need-advice-on-LED-s#post1285394 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 14, 2018, 05:23:10 PM
This one is less for plants and more for displaying the colors of the fish.  Here's the thread on Simply:  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?130918-Need-advice-on-LED-s#post1285394

...cool beans  |^|...even a better score..... |^|
Jon

wallace

I don't know anything about lighting, but my LEDs are too bright, so I put pieces of electrical tap over some of the bulbs to adjust the brightness. You can adjust colors that way too.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I bought 3 beamswork lights before I bought these Finnex ones.  They are going to require a lot of electrical tape over the blue lights.

LizStreithorst

My new Finnex lights from Chicago Discus came in today.  If you don't know what a difference good lighting can make in the appearance of your fish, stay tuned.  In the next day or two I'll take pics of the Beamswork light and the Finnex on the same tank.  You will be astounded!

Mugwump

..looking forward to the pics.........I think that Josie uses those for their swap tanks.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes.  I got them from Miranda.  She's partners with Josie. 

I can't take pics now.  I'm plum wore out,  Today has had too many ups and downs for me want to take pics.  Give me a day or two.  You will be impressed.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2018, 06:56:07 PM
Yes.  I got them from Miranda.  She's partners with Josie. 

I can't take pics now.  I'm plum wore out,  Today has had too many ups and downs for me want to take pics.  Give me a day or two.  You will be impressed.

..yup........good folk  |^|
Jon