• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Saturday coffee

Started by Mugwump, April 14, 2018, 05:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is excellent this morn'n.....1st pot almost gone.... wfwf

...pre swap putz'n this morning.....we'll get done what we can but load most of it tomorrow morning....this swap doesn't start til noon....however the drive is over 1 1/2 hrs...

..the rain has arrived, winds are picking up, and we'll be wet/cold through Monday....winter's last 'hurrah'  huh........(finally LOL )

need more coffee.......brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. The coffee is great here. Temps going up to 80 again today so I will probably spend most of the day outside. I will get some putzing done in the fishroom first.

Have to move some fish around. I had a trio of Koi angels spawn on a filter intake in a 55g. Of course those eggs were eaten but I was excited anyway because it was my first angel spawn in quite sometime. I will try to isolate them and move them into something smaller if I can. These are young fish.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2018, 05:42:17 AM
Good morning Jon. The coffee is great here. Temps going up to 80 again today so I will probably spend most of the day outside. I will get some putzing done in the fishroom first.

Have to move some fish around. I had a trio of Koi angels spawn on a filter intake in a 55g. Of course those eggs were eaten but I was excited anyway because it was my first angel spawn in quite sometime. I will try to isolate them and move them into something smaller if I can. These are young fish.

..congrat's on the koi spawn......nice to see the line going still..... |^|.....

I imagine that you'll get an interruption from your 80's as our current system moves your way......lots of moisture in this puppy... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 05:49:59 AM

..congrat's on the koi spawn......nice to see the line going still..... |^|.....

I imagine that you'll get an interruption from your 80's as our current system moves your way......lots of moisture in this puppy... wfwf

My grass surely needs that moisture. We won't get the brunt of it but the temps will go down into the 50s - 60s. I hope the 30s are gone for now.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 14, 2018, 06:33:07 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 05:49:59 AM

My grass surely needs that moisture. We won't get the brunt of it but the temps will go down into the 50s - 60s. I hope the 30s are gone for now.

...they're telling us anywhere from 1.5" to 3.00".....temps in the 30's.....40 huh
Jon

Ron Sower

...Those 90s we had earlier this week were a fluke for the season...we'll be in the 70s and low 80s for at least a week now...That will be comfortable for our friend Linda who will be here visiting us for a week starting Tuesday... 8)

...not much going on in the park today...most of the snowbirds are gone now and the few that are left will be trickling out of here through the rest of the month....I'll work up the template lease agreement this morning for a lady that wants to rent our last available park model for a year...that beats the 4 month minimum that we look for by a lot!... |^|...we're meeting her at 4pm today to sign it...

...the ARK meeting is at 7pm tonight...I'll be going to it...I already have my trade (auction) items labeled, packed and ready to load into the Suburban...

...badip, badip, badip...that's all folks...for now anyway... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I made it by the skin of my teeth.  Just one dog at work as the others heard about the big bad weather that was supposed to come in last night but didn't.  By this morning no rain had arrived but I could tell that it was on the way.  I was done with the dog in 45 minutes and headed for the feed store for more chicken supplies then headed for home.  By that time it was looking very dark outside.  I had a package to pick up at the Moselle PO and decided that I would wait until Monday to pick it up if I got the first drop of rain on the windshield.  I could tell that once it started it would come in torrents.  I didn't get the first drop so I stopped for my package.I got home and unloaded the Peamite before I felt the first drop but I had time to get another of my 190 gallon containers in the fish room before I got soaked..

My plan for the weekend was to do some building inside the hen house so I could move the baby chicks.  They've grown so much in just 2 weeks time that they were becoming overcrowded and needed to be divided in to two groups.  With this rain that is out of the question, hence the second temporary chick home

The fates have smiled on so much that even though the feed store sold the last of their shavings the owner he remembered that he had half a bale left over from when they had "those damn baby ducks".  He just gave it to me.

We're under a tornado warning now and they're telling me to take cover immediately.  I always ignore them.  If a tornado gets me while I'm home, the dogs and I will all go up together.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 14, 2018, 11:01:31 AM
I made it by the skin of my teeth.  Just one dog at work as the others heard about the big bad weather that was supposed to come in last night but didn't.  By this morning no rain had arrived but I could tell that it was on the way.  I was done with the dog in 45 minutes and headed for the feed store for more chicken supplies then headed for home.  By that time it was looking very dark outside.  I had a package to pick up at the Moselle PO and decided that I would wait until Monday to pick it up if I got the first drop of rain on the windshield.  I could tell that once it started it would come in torrents.  I didn't get the first drop so I stopped for my package.I got home and unloaded the Peamite before I felt the first drop but I had time to get another of my 190 gallon containers in the fish room before I got soaked..

My plan for the weekend was to do some building inside the hen house so I could move the baby chicks.  They've grown so much in just 2 weeks time that they were becoming overcrowded and needed to be divided in to two groups.  With this rain that is out of the question, hence the second temporary chick home

The fates have smiled on so much that even though the feed store sold the last of their shavings the owner he remembered that he had half a bale left over from when they had "those damn baby ducks".  He just gave it to me.

We're under a tornado warning now and they're telling me to take cover immediately.  I always ignore them.  If a tornado gets me while I'm home, the dogs and I will all go up together.

....keep safe, ya hear......
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 14, 2018, 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 14, 2018, 11:01:31 AM

....keep safe, ya hear......

Be safe Liz. Hoping they are just warnings.
Willie

LizStreithorst

My temporary fix is done.  I set up the new container, moved all the chicks to the new one, cleaned the old one, moved half the chicks back and all is right with the world for at least another week, perhaps two.  They are growing like crazy.

I didn't blow away.  In fact the rain has let up to a steady drizzle.  The thunder's booming though so I know that there is more to come.  I kind of enjoy a good storm.
Always move forward. Never look back.