• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

QC swap weather....

Started by Mugwump, April 11, 2018, 05:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....as of now, the weather for the swap will be brutal.....30's/rain/sleet/winds....and changing to all snow by late afternoon/even'n.....we'll be on 88 the whole way...but still... huh...

..we'll see..... huh....we'll likely go anyway, but will watch the weather updates closely.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I used to drive thirty miles to work every day and what I found was that no matter what the weather was like, the fastest way was to stick to the freeway.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 11, 2018, 09:12:05 AM
I used to drive thirty miles to work every day and what I found was that no matter what the weather was like, the fastest way was to stick to the freeway.

....for over seven+ years I drove to work downtown Chgo.....68miles one way.....and yup....it was way slow, but the best route was 88 to the 'Ike'....going toward Iowa tho....it's all open country on an east/west hwy......never good...but sometimes doable.... huh...we'll see....done it before...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Throw a couple blankets and food and water for a day or so in the car.  This time of year even if you do slide off into the ditch you won't be there very long.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 11, 2018, 12:52:30 PM
Throw a couple blankets and food and water for a day or so in the car.  This time of year even if you do slide off into the ditch you won't be there very long.

...gee thanks Dale..
Jon

waterboy

Nothing more fun than spending the night in your car sitting in a snow bank.
Dale

Rjb3

Making S'mores on the exhaust manifold. LOL

Mugwump

Thanks guys......I'm sure all will be fine.... |^|
Jon