• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

? question ?

Started by Mugwump, April 09, 2018, 05:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Forrest Gump
Miracle on 34th St.
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

MANY,i would rather watch a movie I saw a dozen times before then MOST of the crap made in the last 10-15 years.

SOME  favorites I have seen 5 or more times.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Shawshank Redemption
The outlaw josey wales
American beauty
12 Angry men
The shootest
Forrest gump 

Some lesser known greats I have seen multiple times.

Little big man
Jacob's ladder
Midnight express
Sling blade
kalifornia
True romance
The last detail 

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

Shaw Shank Redemption and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for sure belong in a hall of fame.  Ever seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show, ghonk?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkplPbd2f60

Mugwump

The thin man
Maltese Falcon
Outlaw Josie Wales
Silverado
Platoon
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Cuckoo's Nest
Shipping News
Papillion
Chinatown
Lawrence of Arabia

I probably watched 'Tess' 6 times when I was younger. I like Thomas Hardy novels, and I couldn't take my eyes off the actress.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on April 10, 2018, 10:35:27 AM
Cuckoo's Nest
Shipping News
Papillion
Chinatown
Lawrence of Arabia

I probably watched 'Tess' 6 times when I was younger. I like Thomas Hardy novels, and I couldn't take my eyes off the actress.

I'd forgotten 'Papiillion'......what a great movie....'Chinatown' too.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Cukoo's nest
Magnificent 7
The Great Escape
March of the Wooden Soldiers. lol
The Godfather parts 1 & 2
A Christmas Carol

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

... Godfather is one.

I still have the original cuckoo nest paperback from 1962. Found it when I was a kid.
Dan