• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143

Monday...here we go...

Started by Mugwump, April 09, 2018, 05:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is brewing......ok....got it now....MMMmmmmm....

..it's snowing now, not much yet......I don't expect we'll see more than an inch, or so.... huh

fish room putz'n this morning.........then who knows....haven't checked the calendar..

..coffee's very good ... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. Coffee is very good here too. It looks like we will finally get spring this week. Temps getting close to 80 by Friday. I wonder how long it will take for my grass to finally turn green. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 09, 2018, 05:17:45 AM
Good morning. Coffee is very good here too. It looks like we will finally get spring this week. Temps getting close to 80 by Friday. I wonder how long it will take for my grass to finally turn green. huh

..morn'n Willie........80?.....I'm just hoping for it to be in the 70's for a bit... |^|...no hurry here to go right to summer  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...pot #2......fish fed, me fed....yada yada.......................what now?....a nap?  huh
Jon

waterboy

Snow again overnight. Just a dusting but everything is white again this morning. This 18 to 20 degrees every night has just got to stop soon.  But spring is almost here, the playoffs start on Wed.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wallace

Everything is turning nice and green. In another week I have to start irrigating or it won't stay that way.
Dan

Mugwump

...the snow finally ended here....just an 1"...or so.. huh

...now they're saying it'll be 60's/Wed.... 70's Thurs-Fri w/thorms...60's Sat before diving into the 30's for the Sunday swap.... huh........it's crazy !
Jon

waterboy

I was stationed in Orange County for a while and always was amazed that by the end of May everything was already dead and dry.
Dale

wallace

Quote from: waterboy on April 09, 2018, 12:06:10 PM
I was stationed in Orange County for a while and always was amazed that by the end of May everything was already dead and dry.

I found a map that shows areas that get enough rain. Blue is too much water, yellow is not enough. There isn't that much green area in warm latitudes.

https://www.omicsonline.org/articles-images/irrigation-drainage-potentials-for-rainfed-agriculture-S9-e001-g002.png
Dan

waterboy

Yes it says you don't get much rain. Around here the grass and weeds stay green all summer long.  Sometimes in a bad year the grass will brown and go dormant in late July early August, but normally not.  If it does it usually comes back by September. The dry and dormant by the end of May always amazed me.  Just one more reason not to live in southern California.
Dale

LizStreithorst

I'm lucky for now.  I'm still in the green.

We're in T shirt weather here.  Shorts and a T shirt sometimes.  The nights are often chilly so I generally need a jacket when I leave for work in the mornings.  When it rains it's generally a huge down pour with thunder, lighting, big winds and tornado warnings.  I always stay in bed with the dogs when the phone goes off in the middle of the night and tells me to seek shelter immediately.  It would be good if the dogs and I could all be swept up in one fell swoop.

I haven't done much of anything today.  My excuse is that my hips hurt from mowing yesterday but the truth is that I decided to have a lazy day. The Chef called me twice to pick my brain and talk about food.  My brain doesn't know the answer to everything he asks.  I do my best.  He keeps wanting to do things to help me that I don't need to have done for me.  He wants to mow for me with his $5,000. mower and I keep saying, "NO!"  I tell him that I'm saving him for when I need him.  I will need him soon.  I want him to help do what I need to have done to move my chicks from the fish room to the chicken house.  Yes, I could do it myself but he figures out stuff with more ease than I can and we work well together.  He doesn't know yet that he will be helping me with chicken stuff but he'll do it when I ask.
Always move forward. Never look back.