• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 07:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

Mello Sunday

Started by Mugwump, April 08, 2018, 09:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....a slow day for us......nothing planned...and we'll keep it that way.. |^|.....neither of us feels too chipper, there's some kind of bug floating around..Jan has a bit of it...and it's got me now..

...a good day for watching movies, or reading..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've moved a bunch of fish around and did  sponge squeezing and Magnum filter change outs.  Next I'll do good tank wipe downs and give several tanks a PP treatment. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I need to make a few trips to the dump so I'm fixing the tires and brakes lights on this old horse trailer. Its a perfect dump trailer.

The English go to the 'rubbish tip' and we go to the Dump. They call a garbage man a 'dustman' lol

Dan

LizStreithorst

The vet hospital where I used to have my business had an old trailer that was old but not too old to use for hauling livestock.  I borrowed it many times before I bought my own.  That was a good 25 years ago.  I don't know if anyone these days borrows it for livestock hauling but it still hauls garbage (and cadavers) to the dump.

LizStreithorst

Poor Chef Andy.  His first try at artificially raising Angels didn't work.  I knew that he was in for trouble when he didn't dribble Meth Blue over the eggs and had the the bubbler bubbling full blast on the eggs.  The sweet guy ordered some fancy "L" shaped slates that had been sanded to provide clinging places for the eggs..The slates got 5 stars.

It won't be long before this guy surpasses me in his fish breeding ability.  He is extremely smart.  It's so much fun watching his progression. 

I never knew how much I wanted to teach until I came across someone who wanted to learn.  Being able to share what I know gives be a good feeling.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 08, 2018, 06:46:49 PM
Poor Chef Andy.  His first try at artificially raising Angels didn't work.  I knew that he was in for trouble when he didn't dribble Meth Blue over the eggs and had the the bubbler bubbling full blast on the eggs.  The sweet guy ordered some fancy "L" shaped slates that had been sanded to provide clinging places for the eggs..The slates got 5 stars.

It won't be long before this guy surpasses me in his fish breeding ability.  He is extremely smart.  It's so much fun watching his progression. 

I never knew how much I wanted to teach until I came across someone who wanted to learn.  Being able to share what I know gives be a good feeling.

...I prefer mine much, much softer than that.. ;)......did he wait a bit before pulling the spawn?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know.  The guy is not a forum joiner but if he is to learn how to artificially raise he will have to suck it up and join and learn from people who do this stuff every day.  I will nudge him again into becoming a member.  I can't push him. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 08, 2018, 06:46:49 PM
..I  know that feeling...it's soooo goooood...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron