• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

New Pair?

Started by b125killer, June 23, 2013, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

fresh hatched bbs is the smallest and best for free swimmers...lots of protein in those unused sacs...the worms are very good too, and live longer in the water than bbs..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I have wigglers! The first tank is the Chocolate Blue fry. They just started to free swim. The second tank is the Clown/He wigglers.

The next is fry from a Pb clown Pair and the St Isabel/Rio Negro pair. There is two spawns in this tank. They spawned hours apart so I put the spawns together.

This is the first spawn from the St Isabel/Rio Negro @ 3? months old. They parent raised this spawn. They also have a few fry that they are raising from there latest spawn. The St Isabel/Rio Negro are super shy and don't like to be messed with, so I didn't film there new spawn

I'm thinking I might need more tanks. LOL ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Yes, more tanks..... ;D      good job
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Those are great videos.  You really captured the detail well.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks Jon and Pauline.  I found out if I turn off there light and use the light on the camera it works better for a video. Not so much the still pics.
Scott

b125killer

It's been a busy day. I cleared out a tank for the next generation of St Isabel/Rio Negro and the Pb clown spawn.  I moved another St Isabel/Rio Negro spawn. That's three spawns going from that pair. I messed up with there last spawn. I cleaned there tank to early and they ate all but 5. But they did parent raise them 5. I'm not to sure about the albino fry from the clown/He fry I just can't seem to get them to eat. There fry that aren't albino are doing good. I also lost a lot of the chocolate blue fry. I forgot one of there feedings. I also have another spawn from the clown/He. They went to wigglers and then they moved the spawn to a nice flat rock in the tank. Maybe they'll parient raise this spawn.
Scott

Mugwump

It sounds like you're getting the hang of it   ;D  cool... 8)
Jon

Jdmcfast

Those blasted albinos take some experimenting but you'll get it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Josh

b125killer

I didn't do anything special with them this time. I wanted to see if by some miracle they would do good by them self. Next time I'm going to put them in a smaller 1 gallon jar with less water. Probably no lighting? I know they are light sensitive.     
Scott

b125killer

I lost most of the clown/He spawn that I pulled. then they spawned again. they got them to wigglers and moved the spawn a couple of times before eating them. That was a few days ago. then they spawned again today. I'm going to let them keep trying. they seem so close to parent raising.
Scott