• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 11:18:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 136
Total: 136

New Pair?

Started by b125killer, June 23, 2013, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

She'll let him out soon...... ;D poor guy...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's been a good day. I got my filters cleaned.  Did water changes. Made two java moss mats.
Oh and the Clown and HE spawned. I'm happy that there getting along. I watched them spawn too.
It's so neat to watch them do there thing. I also have a new spawn from the chocolate blues and the Sta Isabel/Rio Negro have wigglers on the slate that there parenting. And the fry in the 2.5 are doing great. Yep it's been a good day.
Scott

Mugwump

Well, good for you.....it's nice to hear the good news.....now, more tanks  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Things are going well in your fishroom.  Lots of little angels in there.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Sounds like you must be doing everything right!  Congrats on all the success.

Dennis

b125killer

The clown/HE have wigglers but they let them fall to the bottom of the slate. There still tending them. Should I let them keep going or should I pull them? The chocolate blues eat there's. And the Sta Isabel/Rio Negro have free swimmers.
Scott

b125killer

I think I'm going to let the clown/HE pair keep there spawn they seem happy to keep trying to get them to stick back to the slate. 
Scott

Mugwump

Good plan....the HE's have a PB in there.....you'll get some more PB clowns, and others   ;D
Jon

b125killer

The fry are starting to free swim. I think they are eatting some. There isn't as many as there was. This is there first spawn together.  I'm a little surprised they keep them this long. We'll see if they let any make it. I also moved the fry in the 2.5 to a the 10 gallon. They seem happier now that they have more room. Then I pulled a new spawn from the chocolate blue. She is trying to be a good mommy but they keep eating there spawns. I pulled the slate and put in another and she is fanning the empty slate. Next spawn they have I'll let them keep it.
Scott

Mugwump

Good luck....sounds like you'll be busy there    ;D
Jon

b125killer

They ate them them all. I was afraid they would do that. Maybe I'll pull there next spawn. The Pb fry are doing good in there new home. And I have only lost a few eggs so far from the chocolate blue. I was thinking the St  Isabel/Rio Negro ate there wigglers but I found 5 little guys swimming by daddy today. I didn't see anything for the past two days. Maybe the clown/He will do the same.
Scott

Mugwump

Well that stinks....but you've got some going, that's sweet.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

The clown/He spawned again, This time the spawn is mine. They can have the next one. also the chocolate blues are almost free swimming. I do think I might be getting the hang of this. I'm going to try and feed them microworms this time around. I need to get use to the smell of them things.   
Scott

Mugwump

LOL...smells not that bad.....I use bbs on new fry, then use the worms as a supplement....
Jon

b125killer

Do I have that backwards? I was thinking that the worms were smaller than the shrimp and easier for smaller fry to eat. I just don't like the smell of the yeast. But I do have two cultures going good.
Scott