• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 175
Total: 175

New Pair?

Started by b125killer, June 23, 2013, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I'm hoping this will be my new pair. I'm thinking that the albino is a male. I'm just not to sure I'm ready to give him up. he is gorgeous. the picture doesn't do him justice. I would almost like to see him pair up with the albino koi. and the female is the clown. they are both from frank. I got the albinos when they were just little guys. now they are all grown up. I'm just not sure I'm ready to breed albinos.   

Scott

Mugwump

Very, very nice angel....superb pic too.....kudos, my friend, good job..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Might not be so terrible to breed these as albinos. They were fairly robust and had a good survival rate. You did a good job on those.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Those aren't related to mine, are they Frank??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

The tank with out the slate has the Pb clown spawn and the second good spawn from the  St Isabel/Rio Negro. they spawned hours apart. The  St Isabel/Rio Negro got there eggs to wigglers then just let them drop and wouldn't look at the wigglers so I pulled it and put it in with the other wigglers. They are starting to free swim. If you look hard you can see a white dot above the filter that's one of the fry.
The tank with the slate in it is from the Albino/clown pair. It took them a week to spawn. I think I'll keep this spawn and give the pair back to Dan. Let's see if he can get them to spawn in a week ;D. I'm interested to see what there fry will look like. I think there should be some albino?
Scott

Mugwump

It's looking real good, Scott. Screw Dan...LOL..get another spawn first... ;D
Jon

b125killer

That's funny you mentioned that. I just got off the phone with him. He said to keep her. He's not set up just yet to breed angels. plus he said if there that comfortable to breed that quick, then they should stay where there at.  He asked for some of the fry when there ready.
I think that's a good deal. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 28, 2013, 07:33:38 PM
That's funny you mentioned that. I just got off the phone with him. He said to keep her. He's not set up just yet to breed angels. plus he said if there that comfortable to breed that quick, then they should stay where there at.  He asked for some of the fry when there ready.
I think that's a good deal.

I love it when a plan comes together. Remember to pick about 12 of the very best for future pairs and crosses. You can sell the rest. Heck, we'll get two tables at the swap, or you and Dan grab a table...then price em to sell.....make some xtra $$$$'s..... ;D ;D ;D...
Jon

b125killer

Yep I love it too. I didn't want to give up the smokey albino. But I already told him that I would find a partner for his clown. I'm a man of my word and if that's the fish she chooses then so be it. Plus I do know that Dan would take care of them. Dan and I were talking about getting a table at the swap. when you come over next week I'll talk with you about it.  :)
Scott

Mugwump

Cool beans.....sounds good
Jon

b125killer

I'm thinking that the albino is a female or just doesn't like the clown. She laid today, she would chase the albino off and when he did get near the slate he just started to eat the eggs. Looks like i'm going to have to find her another boyfriend :-\
Scott

Mugwump

Use the male HE that you picked up here... ;D
Jon

b125killer

I was thinking of that as I was watching the other fill up on caviar. She is a fertile thing fills the slate up. It would be a waste not to breed her. 
Scott

Mugwump

Amen.....put them both in a bucket for a bit, then reintroduce her/him to the tank....might make the initial meeting go smoother?
Jon

b125killer

I put the HE and clown in a bucket and changed there water. I'm not to sure she is going to like him. She has him cornered behind the slate and won't let him out. She is being such a little snot. 
Scott