• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

Tuesday thoughts

Started by Mugwump, April 03, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a gloomy day here...perfect for naps and reading.... |^|

I'm resisting giving in to the nap.....but won't be able to hold out long..... huh

...anybody doing anything exciting ?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...did the fry water changes..and putz'd down there for a bit...everybody looking good  |^|

...still crappy outside...a dismal day.....Jan should be back from school soon......perhaps we'll just watch a movie, or something  huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on April 03, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

I'm resisting giving in to the nap.....but won't be able to hold out long..... huh

LOL  You are the only person I know of who talks about taking a nap at 8:30 in the morning.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 03, 2018, 01:29:17 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 03, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

LOL  You are the only person I know of who talks about taking a nap at 8:30 in the morning.

....well, sometimes I've been up since 3 or 4..... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

It has been a surprisingly wonderful day to day.  It got up to 83.  I wore shorts to work. 

The bottom will fall out tonight.  All these nasty thunder storms are coming in and the temps will plummet.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...we'll see cold, 24degs, and snow.....yup, winds are straight out of the north.....oh joy wfwf

Jon

wallace

ROLAND THE FARTER

Roland, court minstrel to 12th century English king Henry II, probably had many talents.

But history has recorded only one.

Referred to variously Rowland le Sarcere, Roland le Fartere, Roland le Petour, and Roland the Farter, Roland really had a single job in the court: Every Christmas, during the court's riotous pageant, he performed a dance that ended with "one jump, one whistle, and one fart", executed simultaneously.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-true-story-of-roland-the-farter-and-how-the-internet-killed-professional-flatulence
Dan

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry you're suffering up your way.  Even the nut trees have started leafing out down here.  Fruit trees loose the new tender growth during a late freeze regularly.  Fruit trees are notoriously fickle.  In all the years I have been down south I have yet to see a nut tree loose it's tender leaves to a freeze.
Always move forward. Never look back.