• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Pb clown spawn

Started by b125killer, June 22, 2013, 10:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I was given a treat today. I got a spawn from the Pb clowns. I wasn't sure it was a pair until today. I pulled this spawn and put it in a 2.5 gallon. The pair are still in a community tank with other angels and the L201 plecos. I know the spawn wouldn't last long if left alone.
It's hard to see the eggs on the slate but it's full. I didn't see how many till I pulled it. That's not a good color for breeding slate.

I have also been going back and forth on of this angel is male or female. I'm thinking female but not to sure. If some one could tell better than me I would appreciate it. I'm thinking it's female but not to sure.
Scott

Mugwump

Looks like a female....put a male with her and find out...

Good luck with the spawn.. ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Where did you get the one you are trying to sex?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

I kind of have her on loan. It's one of the pair that Dan got at the auction. the Male didn't make it. He only had the pair that where a breeding pair. I told him that I would try and find another partner for her and give them both back so he could try and get them to breed.
I'm thinking that I have a male albino smoky that I could try and pair up.
Did you know right away that it's one of your angels Frank?
Scott

b125killer

I'm always getting new surprises from my angels. I had to move my  St Isabel/Rio Negro tank. they just didn't like there new spot. So I moved it to a corner under the 40 and they spawned. They sure do want things just right and they will let you know when your not doing it for them. Also The Pb spawn is doing good. I haven't had to pull out any bad eggs. I'm a little shocked by that.
Scott

b125killer

Here is the fry from the Pb and also the St Isabel/Rio Negro. I just started feeding them BBs yesterday. I can hardly wait for them to start coloring up. I had to get new sponge filters for the  2.5 gallon tank. they're double sponges that stick to the side with a suction cup. I keep crushing the fry with the base on the old filter. They just loved to sneak under it as I'm setting it down. 
Scott

Mugwump

That's awfully sweet  ;D....very nice, good job on them ;D....fry are neat ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson