• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

BSP x Pinoy

Started by Babers, March 28, 2018, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Male BSP paired with a female Pinoy with +/bg. First time laying eggs as a pair. Hope they fertilize. (Edited)
Joel

Mugwump

..pretty pair.....congrat's and good luck  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

This is a 3" slate. I think she's not done yet.
Joel

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Thanks Jon.

I think she's finally done. More than half of the slate has eggs. w!w w!w w!w ;D

Crossing my fingers
Joel

Babers

This is what the slate looks like this morning. A few white eggs. They are in a gallon jar. You can see the top and bottom parts of the jar. I'm just amazed how much eggs came out of her. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 29, 2018, 05:46:50 AM
This is what the slate looks like this morning. A few white eggs. They are in a gallon jar. You can see the top and bottom parts of the jar. I'm just amazed how much eggs came out of her. Keeping my fingers crossed.

.... |^|
Jon

Babers

Eggs are not looking so good tonight. Half of them already turned white 😟
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 29, 2018, 09:08:52 PM
Eggs are not looking so good tonight. Half of them already turned white 😟

..did you use peroxide?
Jon

Babers

Joel

Babers

Got home tonight and eggs on slate all turned white 😟 . I was disappointed. So I was removing the slate and noticed a few eggs fell on the bottom of the jar. They didn't turn white. Upon closer inspection, there were tails and their moving!!! :D I've got fry. Not too many, but there's some. 🍾🍾🍾
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 30, 2018, 08:47:44 PM
Got home tonight and eggs on slate all turned white 😟 . I was disappointed. So I was removing the slate and noticed a few eggs fell on the bottom of the jar. They didn't turn white. Upon closer inspection, there were tails and their moving!!! :D I've got fry. Not too many, but there's some. 🍾🍾🍾

....cool beans.... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Babers on March 30, 2018, 10:16:55 AM
I used methylene blue

Jungle Fungus Clear tabs work too. Use at 1/2 tab per gallon.  Not so critical that it be removed when they hatch. Get it at Walmart or local fish store.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 31, 2018, 09:16:52 AM
Quote from: Babers on March 30, 2018, 10:16:55 AM
I used methylene blue

Jungle Fungus Clear tabs work too. Use at 1/2 tab per gallon.  Not so critical that it be removed when they hatch. Get it at Walmart or local fish store.

.interesting Dale.....never heard of that.....thanks....
Jon

waterboy

The box recommends a dose of 1 tab per 10 gallons.  Through experimentation I found that half a tab per gallon keeps the fungus off the eggs and it does not seem to affect the wigglers if you leave it in there. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.