• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Another first for me...Tiger Shrimp

Started by Ron Sower, June 22, 2013, 07:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I'm starting something I never thought I would do....I'm devoting one of my nano-tanks, one of my Evolve8's, solely to tiger shrimp!  When I left the hobby 30-some years ago, there was really no emphasis on shrimp at all.  Maybe someone would have some grass/ghost shrimp, but not the variety I started seeing when I re-joined the hobby 2-1/2 years ago.  When I got back into all this, I said I wasn't going to get into shrimp.  But DAMN!...those little things are cute!  And when there are no fish in the tank, they are always swimming around freely.

Wish me luck on keeping and breeding them...!  I'm gonna need it!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Looks like fun, Ron....I got a 5gal, and light, at a garage sale for $3....maybe I'll try something too....??? Keep us posted, and as always....some pics  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Good luck with the shrimp Ron. I had a few ghost shrimp they are neat when nothing is trying to eat them.
Nice score at the garage sale Jon.
Scott