• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

'het' blue marbles spawn...

Started by Mugwump, March 26, 2018, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...i love seeing little full bellies....this is a nice spawn.....look for the tiny white ones.....those are the albinos that have popped up from this pair....these were all raised on no light and then very low light....the albinos are much healthier this time around..vs only one survivor from their last spawn... |^|...fingers crossed......

the light is not nearly as bright as the camera phone picked up....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Looks like quite a bit of the little white ones and they are up and about. Good luck with them.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 26, 2018, 02:35:15 PM
Looks like quite a bit of the little white ones and they are up and about. Good luck with them.

....now some of those are blues, blue ghosts, and a few blushers/paraiba.....I should have noted that too....but others will be the albinos in variation too.....our survivor from last spawn was
a paraiba...I think?.....almost plat looking....but there isn't gold in either parent....confirmed by sibling crosses too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on March 26, 2018, 03:47:03 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 26, 2018, 02:35:15 PM

....now some of those are blues, blue ghosts, and a few blushers/paraiba.....I should have noted that too....but others will be the albinos in variation too.....our survivor from last spawn was
a paraiba...I think?.....almost plat looking....but there isn't gold in either parent....confirmed by sibling crosses too...

Since  you confirmed that neither parent carries gold,and you  are getting NON marble offspring.
The parents are likely M/+,and they both obviously have a stripeless gene since you are getting ghosts and blushers.

So probably M/+-S/+
And with the single dose of blue and albino,M/+-S/+-pb/+-a/+

IF this is the case the spawn should look like this.

PHENOTYPES

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

ghonk

Now this is assuming BOTH parents are marbles.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

..one parent may be GM/+-S/+-pb/+-a/+........ huh

...it's very hard to get fry counts......but I'll try again with this batch......
Jon

ghonk

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on April 04, 2018, 10:57:49 AM
How are my albinos doing. :)

...from what I can tell....they're eating right along with the rest of the gang  huh
Jon

ghonk

That's good news.
Going to be interesting to see how the PB's vs NON PB's  differ in color on albino marbles.
Hopefully it won't be to hard to distinguish them.   

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on April 04, 2018, 12:50:40 PM
That's good news.
Going to be interesting to see how the PB's vs NON PB's  differ in color on albino marbles.
Hopefully it won't be to hard to distinguish them.   

..hopefully there are survivors of each in there.....the albino from the last batch was a paraiba...and he has been smaller than the rest....likely stunted  huh
Jon

Mugwump

..gotta get this gang moved soon.....little pigs getting bigger..... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 05, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
..gotta get this gang moved soon.....little pigs getting bigger..... |^|

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.