• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

East coast

Started by Mugwump, March 22, 2018, 05:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Barb, Willie and everyone else....be safe out there.....the storm looks like a doozy...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 22, 2018, 05:31:12 AM
..Barb, Willie and everyone else....be safe out there.....the storm looks like a doozy...

Thanks. The snow storm is finally over. We got about 8 inches here. The landscapers just left so my driveway and sidewalks are clear and things can get back to normal. Temps getting up into the hi 40s today so we should seen some good melting.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 22, 2018, 05:56:57 AM

Thanks. The snow storm is finally over. We got about 8 inches here. The landscapers just left so my driveway and sidewalks are clear and things can get back to normal. Temps getting up into the hi 40s today so we should seen some good melting.

..hope the sewers hold up.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 22, 2018, 06:03:26 AM

It will be a slow melt so we will be fine.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 22, 2018, 06:06:41 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 22, 2018, 06:03:26 AM

It will be a slow melt so we will be fine.

|^|.....I was just thinking of the previous rains that you had.....the ground has to be somewhat saturated... huh
Jon

BallAquatics

8 inches of snow is somewhat less than an inch of rain.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 22, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

Dennis

oh, I know that...but they'd had a lot of rain before the snow even started.....ground saturation was my thought...but who knows, their sewer system may be #1 and able to handle it well... huh
Jon

Barb

Just cold and rain here.  And some wind.  But lots of blooming and leafing out trees have brown flowers and leaves now.  Temps up and down, never know what to expect.  My husband is hurt again so not much time on forums these days, he needs a lot of my care now. 
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 22, 2018, 06:41:43 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on March 22, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

Dennis

oh, I know that...but they'd had a lot of rain before the snow even started.....ground saturation was my thought...but who knows, their sewer system may be #1 and able to handle it well... huh

Yes we had sleet and rain for a whole day before it even tarted snowing. lol
Willie

wallace

getting some much needed rain here on the west coast. Things are starting to turn nice and green.
Dan