• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

New pump...

Started by Mugwump, March 17, 2018, 12:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..this thing rocks !!...we are very pleased is putting it mildly. ..... |^| |^| |^| |^|

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Superior-Pump-1-4-HP-Utility-Pump/15125714
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Superior....just added. The link on the post above
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

The hardest part of buying new pumps is trying to estimate the flow rate. The flow rate is drastically influenced by the hose size and the lift height. Yours has a 1.25" discharge but with a 3/4" hose adapter... is that how you are using it? How many GPM would you say it puts out?

One of my pumps is rated for 1000 GPH but has the same output as another pump rated for 650 GPH because of a narrower neck in the valve.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on March 17, 2018, 01:44:25 PM
The hardest part of buying new pumps is trying to estimate the flow rate. The flow rate is drastically influenced by the hose size and the lift height. Yours has a 1.25" discharge but with a 3/4" hose adapter... is that how you are using it? How many GPM would you say it puts out?

One of my pumps is rated for 1000 GPH but has the same output as another pump rated for 650 GPH because of a narrower neck in the valve.

I'm using the 3/4" nipple w/a hose....I'm guessing 700+ gph easily huh....it emptied my 90+ gal tub in minutes....

...but it's better than the old one by far....the old pump was a bottom/side discharge...this one is straight out the top, and to me, it was immediately notably faster filling the tanks...
Jon

wallace

Not bad at all for $48. I'm set up for inline pumps on the outside of the barrels, but the barrels have bulkheads, so it could be done with a sump type.
Dan

Mugwump

I love this pump.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...best that I've had so far.... :D
Jon