• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:26:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

Jon's Marbles

Started by waterboy, March 17, 2018, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

One of the Marbles I got from Jon spawned with one of my German Blue Blushers.  All the eggs turned white. No big deal as it was their first time. Another Marble spawned with the other Blusher. Have a whole swarm of little ones in a 2-1/2 gal. tank.  Just as I was mourning the loss of the first batch, two of my het Bulgarian Greens spawned. A Platinum and a Lace Pinoy.  Those eggs also turned white, first time for both.  But all is not lost, another pair of het bg spawned.  Two hybrid (D/g) Pinoys, eggs are in a jar, nice sized hatch.  Not many white ones so far.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 17, 2018, 09:34:05 AM
One of the Marbles I got from Jon spawned with one of my German Blue Blushers.  All the eggs turned white. No big deal as it was their first time. Another Marble spawned with the other Blusher. Have a whole swarm of little ones in a 2-1/2 gal. tank.  Just as I was mourning the loss of the first batch, two of my het Bulgarian Greens spawned. A Platinum and a Lace Pinoy.  Those eggs also turned white, first time for both.  But all is not lost, another pair of het bg spawned.  Two hybrid (D/g) Pinoys, eggs are in a jar, nice sized hatch.  Not many white ones so far.

...Congrat's.... |^|...those Pinoy hybrids should be D/g pb/pb.....anything else in there maybe  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I was told the Bulgarian Seal Points I have are (D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg).  One mated with a Blue Silver (+/g - pb/pb) so I don't think there are any other genes in the mix.  The hybrid Pinoy offspring should each be (D/g - pb/pb - bg/+), and should give me 25% Bulgarian Seal Points, hopefully.  I have been waiting for a year for these guys to spawn.  Looks like it is finally happening.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 17, 2018, 09:49:51 AM
I was told the Bulgarian Seal Points I have are (D/g - pb/pb - bg/bg).  One mated with a Blue Silver (+/g - pb/pb) so I don't think there are any other genes in the mix.  The hybrid Pinoy offspring should each be (D/g - pb/pb - bg/+), and should give me 25% Bulgarian Seal Points, hopefully.  I have been waiting for a year for these guys to spawn.  Looks like it is finally happening.

....save me a few of those hybrid fry, please....I'd like to tinker with those a bit....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I will save some from the next batch. I haven't been pulling the Seal Point-Blue Silver spawns lately because I am over crowded right now.  They should be a decent size by Sep. unless you want them sooner, then I would have to explore shipping again.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 17, 2018, 10:11:16 AM
I will save some from the next batch. I haven't been pulling the Seal Point-Blue Silver spawns lately because I am over crowded right now.  They should be a decent size by Sep. unless you want them sooner, then I would have to explore shipping again.

....no, not those. ...the D/G Pinoy in the 2 1/2  :)   I'll figure a way to get them somehow  LOL
Jon

Babers

Those Black Lace het BG are definitely ready Dale. One of the ones I got from you spawned  a couple days after I got her but all turned white since they were still in the qt. I got her paired up with one of my BSP's right now. Hopefully in a couple weeks, they'll give me some babies.
Joel

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2018, 12:08:00 PM
Quote from: waterboy on March 17, 2018, 10:11:16 AM

....no, not those. ...the D/G Pinoy in the 2 1/2  :)   I'll figure a way to get them somehow  LOL

Are you talking about the two D/g het bg that just spawned?  I just looked and it looks like the eggs were all white. The ones I have in a  2-1/2 now are from the Marble - Blusher spawn. 
Dale

Mugwump

One of the Marbles I got from Jon spawned with one of my German Blue Blushers.  All the eggs turned white. No big deal as it was their first time. Another Marble spawned with the other Blusher. Have a whole swarm of little ones in a 2-1/2 gal. tank.  Just as I was mourning the loss of the first batch, two of my het Bulgarian Greens spawned. A Platinum and a Lace Pinoy.  Those eggs also turned white, first time for both.  But all is not lost, another pair of het bg spawned. Two hybrid (D/g) Pinoys, eggs are in a jar, nice sized hatch.  Not many white ones so far.
[/b][/u]

..these.... huh
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Babers on March 17, 2018, 01:12:51 PM
Those Black Lace het BG are definitely ready Dale. One of the ones I got from you spawned  a couple days after I got her but all turned white since they were still in the qt. I got her paired up with one of my BSP's right now. Hopefully in a couple weeks, they'll give me some babies.

Yes I know they are ready now.  I had them too crowded for a while.  I moved some to a different tank and they started spawning.  But so far I have had three spawns from different pairs that all turned white, so I am getting a little concerned.  There has to be a reason why no one in the US has produced any Seal Points.  I just hope it isn't something that can't be overcome.
Dale

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2018, 01:46:07 PM
One of the Marbles I got from Jon spawned with one of my German Blue Blushers.  All the eggs turned white. No big deal as it was their first time. Another Marble spawned with the other Blusher. Have a whole swarm of little ones in a 2-1/2 gal. tank.  Just as I was mourning the loss of the first batch, two of my het Bulgarian Greens spawned. A Platinum and a Lace Pinoy.  Those eggs also turned white, first time for both.  But all is not lost, another pair of het bg spawned. Two hybrid (D/g) Pinoys, eggs are in a jar, nice sized hatch.  Not many white ones so far.
[/b][/u]

..these.... huh

Looks like they all turned white.  I had already planned to save you a couple.  Maybe even a Seal Point or two If I ever get some.  Starting to have my doubts.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 17, 2018, 01:53:31 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2018, 01:46:07 PM
[/b][/u]

..these.... huh

Looks like they all turned white.  I had already planned to save you a couple.  Maybe even a Seal Point or two If I ever get some.  Starting to have my doubts.

...that's too bad.....maybe next time  huh...I hope  |^|
Jon