• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Blue glitters

Started by Mugwump, March 17, 2018, 06:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

How are the blue glitters doing,do you have a ton of them.
I would like to  get some,assuming I have the cash when they are ready.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on April 24, 2018, 08:28:02 AM
How are the blue glitters doing,do you have a ton of them.
I would like to  get some,assuming I have the cash when they are ready.

I need to pull another spawn....the first was small, and didn't do well.....they've been 'almost' raising.....but the 'learners permit' period is over....

How big would you need them ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Any size would work,but prefer the budget size. ;D
I saw you mention Speedee delivery before,sounds like a good option for me,if possible.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on April 24, 2018, 09:14:58 AM
Any size would work,but prefer the budget size. ;D
I saw you mention Speedee delivery before,sounds like a good option for me,if possible.

..yup....great local outfit....and a thrifty ship
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

One of Frank's blue glitters I saw  on facebook.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Mine are likely offspring from that pair..... huh
Jon

ghonk

I love glitters and snakeskins,but from what I read it takes a while to develop,so unless you are planning to growing out a ton of them you may be letting go of some of your best fish.

Some of Ken's were awesome,and I have been checking out some of Steffen Rothe's fish on facebook,what he has done with glitter and OTHER traits is amazing.
Paul Simon

ghonk

The overage on this one in fantastic.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

..on my bunch, they started showing up at near 1/2 dollar sized.....one earlier than that.....and yup, it continues to express better as they mature.... |^|
Jon

Babers

A couple years back, the snakeskin came out....whatever happen to those?
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on April 28, 2018, 07:53:59 PM
A couple years back, the snakeskin came out....whatever happen to those?

..they're still out there.....most folks just don't recognize it....and the 'hype' had waned.... huh
Jon

ghonk

First time I heard of them was when Carol and a guy got some Platinum marbles with the trait.
Carol worked with snakeskins  for years,and I assume still does.
I wanted to get some for a long time,but either had other projects going or didn't have the money for the stock.

She eventually went to breeding almost all veils,which I don't like in general.
She also breeds a lot of Paraibas,which the trait  won't show well on.
Maybe I will contact her and see if she ever has any standard juvies available.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Blue glitter....can't quite get the angle to show off the expression well yet....

Jon

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 29, 2018, 01:22:37 PM
Hansom looking fella.

...and ready to go too... ;)...they've been cleaning all morning.....they had a huge water change yesterday... |^|
Jon