• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Dr. JoAnn Norton

Started by Mugwump, October 19, 2012, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Dr. Norton experimented with angelfish genetics and her articles can be found here.

http://theangelfishsociety.org/genetics.htm

These pages are chock full of descriptions, explanations and pictures which will help you understand the workings of breeding for a genetic result.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I was just looking at that the other day. I was reading about the notched angels.
Scott

Mugwump

There's a wealth of good learning in those articles. A lot has changed in the angel world since those were written, but it's still the go-to place for basic angel genetic criteria.
notched???...that's deformity....as is split caudal fins, and ventral issues...missing,stubby,etc..which are common in homogoneous pearlscale angels like Plats...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

Melanomas can be a problem in some strains of albino red tux swords,and possibly others, showing up in the parts that would normally be black.

Mike Gibbs  said on one of the forums that he hasn't noticed it in any of his  ,which is good to hear since i have some stock from him   , including albino red tux from a couple drops , AKA orange blossom.