• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Anybody here...?

Started by Mugwump, March 15, 2018, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..keeping any native fish  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not since you know who...
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Stephan collected a nice group of Southern Redbelly Dace (Chrosomus erythrogaster) in Mad River here in Central Ohio.  When he was moving he loaned them out to me during the early summer of 2012.  I tried on several occasions to get these fish to spawn for me, but in the end, I ended up with but a single fry.

My tiny Chrosomus erythrogaster fry grew to be a beautiful lady fish.....

Dennis

ghonk

None now,but had some before.
Northern Pike.
Largemouth Bass.
Walleye.
White Bass.
Yellow Bass.
Black Crappie.
White Crappie.
Yellow Perch.
Bluegill.
Warmouth.
Pumpkinseed. 
Green Sunfish.
Albino Channel Cat.   

This is a good site for natives.

http://gallery.nanfa.org/main.php

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on March 19, 2018, 03:11:53 AM
None now,but had some before.
Northern Pike.
Largemouth Bass.
Walleye.
White Bass.
Yellow Bass.
Black Crappie.
White Crappie.
Yellow Perch.
Bluegill.
Warmouth.
Pumpkinseed. 
Green Sunfish.
Albino Channel Cat.   

This is a good site for natives.

http://gallery.nanfa.org/main.php

.....some big tanks involved there......or did you use a pond  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

A 125,80 extra high and a 55 when i had them,i started with all smaller size fish so they had room.

I have  been debating getting a redfin or grass pickeral for years,because of their smaller size of about 12 inches max,but keeping a suppy of feeder fish on hand all the time propably isn't going to happen.

I worked with a guy who's brother in law had 2 grass pike and a warmouth in a 20 long,and they spawned,i wouldn't have believed it  if i didn't actully see them.

He gave me about a dozen fry,  but between work and partying I was to lazy to hatch BBS and they  croaked.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon