• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 153
Total: 154

A do it myself with a friend project

Started by LizStreithorst, March 08, 2018, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I haven't done it yet.  One of the things I want to change is something unavailable even at plumbing supply places.  I needed a 2" valve and had to settle for a Sch 40 valve.  It will be turned on and off every day.  Sch 40 valves simply don't hold up to that kind of use.  I have one of these on the way.  https://pvcpipesupplies.com/2-pvc-true-union-ball-valve-gray-epdm-socket-1420gs.html  After having to replace many 1" sch 40 valves on the individual pipes to each of my tanks I found these.  Granted, they are expensive but they'll still be working after I'm in the grave.

What's a shame is that I'd have settled for the valve that would break if my first fix had succeeded.  My first fix would have worked had I known how thick the thread goop should have been.  I could leave it as it is now if only I could stand looking at it.  Nothing leaks but it looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

LOL Just to show you how dumb I am.  That pump is for pumping the water out, right?  If so why would you want to turn off the top tank and pump from the bottom one?  I would think if the top one was full it would squash the bottom one if it was empty.  I think I would move the valve to shut off the bottom one and pump from the top one first.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

If I'm not mistaken. ...I think they are plumbed together as one...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.