• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239

A sunny Sunday

Started by Mugwump, February 25, 2018, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..but still blow'n like hell out there......off for a quick errand to mail a couple things...then stop and grab a pot roast?...

..so what's up gang?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We have leftover chops and a roast from the smoker yesterday. Good stuff.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 25, 2018, 09:29:50 AM
We have leftover chops and a roast from the smoker yesterday. Good stuff.

...with just the two of us, most times, we'll buy a nice size pot roast...then cut it in half, freeze one, then have two nice meals from it ..a place in Villa Park called 'Mr 'Z's' used to package then that way...for young couples, singles, and seniors, etc...today, our local market, for the first time, packaged them with two nice pot roasts to a pack...each a couple ibs each+.....perfect !!...

I bought two packs...we're cooking one and saving the other three for meals later... |^|...we do the same with the big pork chop/pork steak packs...just separate them into meals and freeze.....burger meat too......much more economical this way..plus if we have company...we just use multi-packs  :)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Cooler and overcast today but no matter.  I thought I'd sit around and do nothing because I've been feeling crappy here lately.  Not the flu, not a cold, just not right.  It was wonderful waking up feeling normal this morning.  I did overdue wipe downs on the tanks.  I moved fish around to give them more tank space and miraculously I ended up with an open 65 wide and two pairs of my home bred halfbalcks are in love nests.  I don't know how I managed that.  It just happened.

I have ingredients for chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.  It's not at all hard to make and it's very good but I'll have to make it tomorrow. I still had the hankering for gizzards that hadn't been satisfied so I marinated some over night in buttermilk and tossed them in flour with a good bit of salt, pepper, and Harissa powder the I used instead of cayenne, then deep fried in lard.  I'll tell y'all what...I have taught myself how to fry up a tender and tasty mess of gizzards.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Oh!  I forgot a thing.  I discovered why I couldn't down load the update that my phone kept nagging be about.  It was the same reason that my phone could not down load my email.  I had wifi turned on but at work there is no open wifi around.   I have it with my DSL connection and figured out how to hook it up to my phone but I don't believe that the connection will work 12 miles away in my shop. 

At least I figured something out with the phone.  I hate the thing but it's a necessity.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2018, 01:27:06 PM
Oh!  I forgot a thing.  I discovered why I couldn't down load the update that my phone kept nagging be about.  It was the same reason that my phone could not down load my email.  I had wifi turned on but at work there is no open wifi around.   I have it with my DSL connection and figured out how to hook it up to my phone but I don't believe that the connection will work 12 miles away in my shop. 

At least I figured something out with the phone.  I hate the thing but it's a necessity.

...you might have picked up the wifi from another local store or restaurant?   too
Jon

LizStreithorst

There's no free wifi in down town Ellisville except one you can get on for 2 hrs a month and is so slow it's not worth "free".   I can pay for it and I imagine it would work faster but I've been doing  fine without it so I think I'll pass on it for now.

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2018, 02:34:30 PM
There's no free wifi in down town Ellisville except one you can get on for 2 hrs a month and is so slow it's not worth "free".   I can pay for it and I imagine it would work faster but I've been doing  fine without it so I think I'll pass on it for now.

Put one in your shop.  You will be a hero and everyone will love you.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

What a lovely idea, Dale.  I'd like to do that.  I need to know about the risks of providing that service and what it might cost.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 25, 2018, 03:06:59 PM
What a lovely idea, Dale.  I'd like to do that.  I need to know about the risks of providing that service and what it might cost.

...cheap wifi router....$50, or so....and you can p/w it for just you and your customers... |^|
Jon