• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 166
Total: 167

Angels....sheesh

Started by Mugwump, June 17, 2013, 12:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Update F1 Manacapuru pair.....  Pull the slate, put in a nice cone, (from Barb) and they spawn on the filter intake...good news, so far day two...two white eggs....could it finally be????...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Heck, I've had stupid Discus lay on the bottom of the tank when a cone was available.  They raised the fry.  The moment and place was right for them.  Fish as are as strange humans are when it comes to deciding on the right time and place to breed.  What will you do, put a sponge in and turn off the other filter?  Fingers crossed for you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Imagine that, choosing the filter tube over my fancy cone!  Hope they get the right idea next time Jon.
Barb

Mugwump

LOL....all my tanks have sponges and some have small(er) hob filters for debris,etc....some don't...

and Barb, they have to get it right someday....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Maybe make clay hob tubes for them to spawn on.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Barb

There is always my hanging cone, as I call it, my own invention.  Here is a pic.  They can stand against the glass or hang from a suction cup hook and fish line from the outside to the inside.  They work great, I have several customers who have posted pics of their angels and discus spawning on them.  A good alternative to a cone or regular slate which can fall over and I put a  lip at the bottom too.  $9 each, $12 if glazed.
Barb